Ok, let's get this CPU speed bug sorted once and for all...

I just had this happen to me this morning on a 1GHz unit with 1.51 firmware. Menu was taking a bit long to appear, icons were flickering occasionally. Remembered this, went to check the speed, lo and behold, 125 MHz. First time I've seen it happen.

I'll try to reproduce it again tonight if I can. What I had done, if I remember, was connect the charger to the unit (it was around 50% battery) then flick the power switch to put it into standby (when the power LED glows dimly) last night. Then today I disconnected the charger, took it to another room, then hit the power switch to bring it back up. That's when I noticed it seemed a bit sluggish and unresponsive.

One interesting point I observed was that the status LEDs seemed to behave as if still in standby. Despite the unit being powered up, the power LED was dimly lit and the WiFi LED was off, even though I was using the WiFi. Even after I had jacked the speed back up, the LEDs were still in this state. Restarting the unit from the logout menu got it all working again. The SD activity LEDs were not affected.

It looks to me like the Pandora didn't realize it had been brought out of standby.

Update: Managed to get it to do it again. It involved removing or connecting the charger, I'm not sure exactly. The lid was shut and the unit was in standby (dim power LED). However, the screen had woken up and the unit was operational. The power LED was dim and the clock was still at 125 MHz. I decided to flick the power switch to put it into standby to see if it would be back to normal on a subsequent switch-on.

However, when I moved the power switch, instead of going into standby, the power LED leapt into life and the clock jumped back up to the proper speed. Basically, something to do with connecting the charger (or maybe disconnecting) had woken the screen up, but the Pandora was still actually in standby.

Still have not got a consistent method of repetition yet, however, to those experiencing the slow clock behavior, try just flicking the power switch. Your Pandora may actually still just be in standby mode.

Still have not got a consistent method of repetition yet, however, to those experiencing the slow clock behavior, try just flicking the power switch. Your Pandora may actually still just be in standby mode.

That's what I was thinking - but I found that if I flicked the power switch to put it back to sleep then the system would store the current speed (125MHz) as the user-set speed and would then restore that speed on wakeup, thus ensuring that I would never get out of that speed.

FWIW, I installed Notaz's update and all appears well so far. I shall report back if it happens again.

D.

Ok, installed Notaz script update for a week now.

It's kind of working. No more 125 Mhz yet. But I have a stange behavor. When I installed SZ 1.51, I choosed the "1GHz opp5" profile, as it work quite well on my Pandora. But now, after some sleep/wakeup cycle, I'm stuck at 800 MHz (opp3 I guess), I can't go at higher frequency with the toolbar shortcut. I haven't tried with a reboot yet.

EDIT : I rebooted and was still limited to 800 Mhz. I have choose Quick Profile and I'm back to 1GHz, but I suspect the script update may have changed the max speed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back