faulty Pandora CPU??

stustaff

I just posted this on Gp32x board but I should probably put it here actually...

Ok so I think my pandora has a series fault.

Here's what happens.

Been playing on a few bits and loading emulators in etc it's been all good.

Today though PSX reArmed which was working fine went to a black screen as soon as I selected a game to boot from.

I could only get out of it by doing a reset.

I eventually thought hmmm weird maybe I need to up the clock speed, so from main menu of the desktop I went -system-CPU speed and altered it to 600 and Black screen and had to reset again.

I then revolted and tried 550... FINE 575... FINE but 580... Screen freezes and I have to reset.

Not sure what to do does this def sound like a hardware fault? Or could it be software??

it WAS working at 600 as I tried that on uae4all the other day to see if it sped boot times up.

Help.

EDIT

EVilDragon made a very quick response! PHEW

Here is his reply for anyone else

"That's a software bug.

Should be fixed within the next update.

Check this thread:

http://www.gp32x.de...oke-my-pandora/

Easiest fix: Remove and reinsert the battery for now (withou AC connected!)

"

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont freak out, this is a known issue. Wait for WizardStan to give you the right solution (I cant remember if its setting the CPU to 250Mhz or replugging the battery or anything else)

That's just a software bug ;)
Thanks Sebt3

As you can see all sorted!

I'm definitely sticking a "don't panic" sticker on my panda

Heh, you're actually quite lucky! Most of the people that had this issue couldn't overclock at all when it affected them.

The problem is the Pandora assumes it's running at regular voltage levels, even though there are situations where it could be in low power mode. The software fix that's coming is to stop assuming the voltage level and just set it anyway.

Two ways to fix: first is to pull the battery for a few seconds, as you've seen, which forces everything to be reset to factory defaults; second is to clock down to 125Mhz, and manually update the OPP value from the command line to 1 and then back to 3. Battery pulling is easier, usually.

Back