Ohboy Caanoo Port

that's not in my hand, i'm a noob in programming, but i will report the problems you mentioned.

I just tried the latest release and it seems to hang the system whenever I quit the emulator. Has anyone else experienced this?

does you ini file point to ohboy.gpu or ohboy.gpe?

it has to point to ohboy.gpu.

hi-ban said:
fishybawb sent me his source code, so i will add BMP border support. Thanks!

I've been working on it, and i currently have a build which supports BMP border for no-scaling, and a different BMP border for sample1.5x and scale3x.
It has also a menu option to remap the A,B,X,Y,L,R buttons, as well as other minor changes.

I will release it as soon as the new changes are accepted by clach04. (the BMP border support requires a small change in the gnuboy source)

I've got internet access again! I just submitted Hi-Ban's menu changes (and I've added a few tweaks).

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news! :)

Now you're back, i've just submitted more changes (in both OhBoy and Gnuboy sites)

hi-ban said:
Now you're back, i've just submitted more changes (in both OhBoy and Gnuboy sites)

Thanks Hi-Ban, I really appreciate the work you've been doing.!

We've hit a hiccup, the patch doesn't apply at all :-(

We may need to get new diffs or perhaps (and this would be less than ideal) the whole of the modified files. Right now the patch doesn't work.

I've already submitted clean and well-formatted diffs.

Meanwhile, here is an unofficial build with all the upcoming changes, and a couple of aestetic changes:

Includes BMP border images, border templates, and backgrounds.

Sorry, no it just doesn't load at all.
Meaning, Menu -> Start -> blackscreen -> Menu.

Not sure if this has been addressed already, but I'm having major problems playing certain RPG's and especially Tetris. My thumbstick has a mind of its own apparently. Any help?

the new version works for me. but a big problem stil is that we can't skip letters in the rom browser.

spn-x said:
the new version works for me. but a big problem stil is that we can't skip letters in the rom browser.
I tried the latest version and am still having the same issues. The blocks on Tetris seem to move down on their own. I've had a few issues with my caanoo thumbstick like on the actual Caanoo menu and such, and on the Game Gear emulator Dr SMS. I'll be very sad if my Caanoo thumbstick is already broken, as I have had it for less than a year and barely used it in that time. Not sure what the overall problem is.

jlenoconel said:
spn-x said:
I tried the latest version and am still having the same issues. The blocks on Tetris seem to move down on their own. I've had a few issues with my caanoo thumbstick like on the actual Caanoo menu and such, and on the Game Gear emulator Dr SMS. I'll be very sad if my Caanoo thumbstick is already broken, as I have had it for less than a year and barely used it in that time. Not sure what the overall problem is.
Press the thumbstick down and rotate it. Maybe you´ll have to try a few times, but it helps with my caanoo, but I must repeat the procedure after some hours/days.

Tetris works for me. The only thing is that the joystick sometimes doesn't react in the menu ( ohboy menu )

spn-x said:
Tetris works for me. The only thing is that the joystick sometimes doesn't react in the menu ( ohboy menu )
Tetris works, but there are times when the joystick will react strangly and make the blocks move down by themselves. I did notice one thing. When deadzones were added to Dr SMS, things improved dramatically (with games like Bust a Move). Could this have anything to do with it?

jlenoconel said:
spn-x said:
Tetris works, but there are times when the joystick will react strangly and make the blocks move down by themselves. I did notice one thing. When deadzones were added to Dr SMS, things improved dramatically (with games like Bust a Move). Could this have anything to do with it?

I'm just writing a follow up post this thread. I wanted to ask if there were actually deadzones implemented into OhBoy and if not, would adding them help myself and others if we are having slight problems with our thumbsticks being off?

Back