Gpfce For Caanoo

The emulator has frozen and crashed a few times with me. It will basically have a static image and I will hear sound continuing over that static image. Happened to me a few times. Other than that this is great work and I am very happy to have a NES emulator for Caanoo. Great job really.

jlenoconel said:
The emulator has frozen and crashed a few times with me. It will basically have a static image and I will hear sound continuing over that static image. Happened to me a few times. Other than that this is great work and I am very happy to have a NES emulator for Caanoo. Great job really.

I had the same thing in Blaster Master (MMC1) inside the dungeons on foot with the pre-final version of gpfce, but was never able to replicate it on that or any other game so far with the final release version. What games did you experience it with, on the off chance they're related to one another in some way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha had a few drinks so I am not sure. It froze on quite a few games plus I couldn't get a menu to come up to change games whatsoever. I am sure its just a minor problem because the initial feeling of the emulator was that it was ace. I can say it froze when I was playing something quite intense like Bubble Bobble or Dig Dug where you have to do quite a lot of button pushing. I will try it out more to see. But yeah, great emulator so far.

jb0yx said:
this is a perfect emulator, everything runs just works and looks good while doing it, I couldn't break it, or find any bugs.

Great Job!

+1

Im very impress. THANKS A LOT Rikku2000.

i wait for this for so long. this is a great port. the control work perfect. never known this analog stick could work so great. work better than any others emulators.

im very sick since several weeks. and this will help me to forget my sickness.

IM SO HAPPY !!!!!! and thanks to notaz and pickle too for the wiz port
I REALLY APPRECIATE IT
one day when i wont be so poor... i have to make donation to rikku,pickle and notaz...

I had an interesting freeze the other day playing Kirby Dreamland. I paused the game, to talk to a buddy [not in game, an offline friend who was itching to play Megaman 7 on the Caanoo]. I unpaused and had a framerate drop from 60/60 to 4/60. Resolved it myself by hitting on of the shoulder buttons, then cancelling it when it offered to save/load.

Might be worth trying for the time being until this bug is fixed.

Its problem of the MHZ setup to 533 and save settings then restart the emulator.

Rikku2000 said:
Its problem of the MHZ setup to 533 and save settings then restart the emulator.

So basically, if you've done nothing to the device, to fix what I pointed out, save the settings then reset emulator, right?

Sorry, little slow on the uptake, had a long work day. But that sounds like about what I was doing.

Thanks though.

Is there a way to play Famicom Disk System games? It is possible to assoociate buttons with eject disk and insert disk, so it should be possible, but when I try to start the disk system bios manually I only end up with the screen warped a little bit over the right side of the display.

Has anyone luck in running an english patched rom of the chinese Final Fantasy VII version? Whenever I try it, it shows only a black screen, it should run on fceu ultra, but I am not sure, on which version.

Yep it have by openhandhelds.org:
Zecamaneca:
Does this emulator support Famicom(i'm guessing it doesn't)?

AceCaanoo:
I have a problem! Where do you put the Famicom disk system bios and what do you call it? I can`t find the doc it says to read when it can`t run a FDS rom because of missing FDS bios

Gab75:
@ Zecamaneca: yes, GPFCE supports the NES ROMs(Usa - Europe)and also the Famicom ROMs (Japan)...

Zecamaneca:
AceCaanoo: Yes, I'm also having that problem, that's why I asked about the Famicom compatibility.

AceCaanoo:
@ Zecamaneca: Figured it out but still can`t get it working :( What i did was rename the FDS rom to disksys.rom and put it in the fceultra folder. It loads but only get a gray screen. tryed loads of games but still only get a gray screen. Im thinking that FDS is not emulated yet but thats just me thinking lol Please tell me if you get any games working and what you did

AceCaanoo:
@ EVERYONE!: To get the Game Genie cheat cart to run all you have to do is get hold of a Game Genie rom, rename it to gg.rom and put it in the fceultra folder. If I say so myself, IM GOOD! lol

AceCaanoo:
@ Zecamaneca: Again figured out what was going wrong about the gray screen problem. The problem was i had the wrong FDS bios file! (Why there is 2 differant ones on the net i don`t know) but the one that works is the 8k size one NOT the 40k one i had. again if i say so myself, IM GOOD AND GETTING BETTER! lol

Rikku2000 said:
Yep it have by openhandhelds.org:
Zecamaneca:
Does this emulator support Famicom(i'm guessing it doesn't)?

AceCaanoo:
I have a problem! Where do you put the Famicom disk system bios and what do you call it? I can`t find the doc it says to read when it can`t run a FDS rom because of missing FDS bios

Gab75:
@ Zecamaneca: yes, GPFCE supports the NES ROMs(Usa - Europe)and also the Famicom ROMs (Japan)...

Zecamaneca:
AceCaanoo: Yes, I'm also having that problem, that's why I asked about the Famicom compatibility.

AceCaanoo:
@ Zecamaneca: Figured it out but still can`t get it working :( What i did was rename the FDS rom to disksys.rom and put it in the fceultra folder. It loads but only get a gray screen. tryed loads of games but still only get a gray screen. Im thinking that FDS is not emulated yet but thats just me thinking lol Please tell me if you get any games working and what you did

AceCaanoo:
@ EVERYONE!: To get the Game Genie cheat cart to run all you have to do is get hold of a Game Genie rom, rename it to gg.rom and put it in the fceultra folder. If I say so myself, IM GOOD! lol

AceCaanoo:
@ Zecamaneca: Again figured out what was going wrong about the gray screen problem. The problem was i had the wrong FDS bios file! (Why there is 2 differant ones on the net i don`t know) but the one that works is the 8k size one NOT the 40k one i had. again if i say so myself, IM GOOD AND GETTING BETTER! lol

Thanks Rikku, didn't knew, the BIOS file had to go into the fceu folder.

Hey Guys i add G Sensor to the GPFce, you can take a try.

Download the "GSensor Support" in First Post!

Info: Copy the 2 Files in the Zip-File to your gpfce dir and replace the boot.gpe

Rikku2000 said:
Hey Guys i add G Sensor to the GPFce, you can take a try.

Download the "GSensor Support" in First Post!

Info: Copy the 2 Files in the Zip-File to your gpfce dir and replace the boot.gpe

Nice idea, but the link doesn't work :(
Any chance to add G-Sensor support to your Quake port?

yeah i remove becouse i get an controle problem with the stick i am fixin it please wait i let you know if done

File Is Up now hope it works.

Another problem I have had is having to reinstall the emulator. I am guessing this has something to do with the files becoming corrupt when I turn the system off because there is no way to exit via the emulator. Any pointers?

jlenoconel said:
Another problem I have had is having to reinstall the emulator. I am guessing this has something to do with the files becoming corrupt when I turn the system off because there is no way to exit via the emulator. Any pointers?

Home+L for menu, Home+R to exit.

someoneElse said:
jlenoconel said:

Home+L for menu, Home+R to exit.

Thanks so much. I figured it out it in the end ;)

wouldn't it be better to use the home button for entering the menu, and an "exit" option in the menu? (like most other emulators)
This is the only emu which doesn't use the home button.
i've had to search google to find out how to exit the emu :lol:

just my opinion...

Back