Oh the pain... the agony...

Nutzo

God I can't wait to see the new version of GPengine! I'm gonna dance around the house when it comes out. :p I wonder what all Black has added or improved? He already mentioned multiplayer for example. :p

GPengine - ya just gotta luv it!

Yuppers... Multiplayer = greatness.

Other things I'm hoping for are saving (although less necessary here than on SNES. Savestates maybe, but saving not hugely so)

Compatibility with a couple of games that weren't (possibly SGX? Nah - too much work to add for about 4 games to work. Then again, one of them is Ghosts and Ghouls :) )

Sampled sound would be great... and possibly ISO support, although they're a) too big and B) in Japanese so perhaps not. Although there are a few translations going on...

And the Overclock option taken off - or at least, with a warning added to it.

Other than that, the only stuff I can come up with is REALLY insane... like a real-time script translator for all those TG16 RPGs that exist in Japan, but will never be translated due to lack of interest in the console... Of course, that's well nigh impossible, but wouldn't it be nice? Anyone else got some crazy - but they'd be very nice to have if only - ideas for it?

Oh - and one other thing. If the dev'rs are listening, you might want to have a chat with Skeezix about how he managed to get the Castway roms list loading sooo fast, since it would be nice to have GPEngine doing the same thing - in the early vers of Castaway my list of 130+ roms loaded in under a second. Now they take longer, but only due to scanning STgames.txt first; the actual loading is the same. And that might get rid of all these complaints about "Why does it take so long to load?". Because it wouldn't.

Maybe they'll do a little work in progress report at the GPengine homepage?

Multiplayer is great, but I don't have an RF adapter or even know another GP32 owner in person. So I'm more curious about other features myself.

<Text type="Crazy Ideas">Have it emulate every other system in the world (including things like GameCobe, XBox, PS2....), get it to make strange colors/combinations on the screen that trick your brain into tkinking that you are in the game and you can feel everything and run around and stuff, make a realtime 3D converter that will convert all the games to 3D instantly, have it send pulses to the RF that will let it link up to all the way around the world, so all GP32 owners can link up with it, make it the FW of the GP32 if it has all these features, have a instant game creator that you just tell it what to make then it makes it in any system format (NES, SNES, Atari ST, Amiga, C64, GP32, PCE, GBA, GC, XBox, PS2.........), and finally have it take over the world</Text>

Sorry if I am being a bit crazy, but it IS 1:38 AM here. I do have one normal idea: Key Mapping (not that there are any games that I found that need it, but there might be......)

multipleyr on gp2engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is truly beautiful we must sacrifice an animal to black so that he will bring more greatness

Back