Oh! The Humanity!

dodgyville

Website
Visit site
screenshot01.png
I have just uploaded a new game for the gp2x. "Oh! The Humanity!" is a series of mini-games based on the most popular disasters in human history.

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,37,1555

Download version 0.3.1 as 0.3.0 has a bug in the second level.

It needs pygame to run, and I should warn parents that it's probably not suitable for young people, as it contains adult themes including violence and religion.
[CUT]
Incidently, does anyone know of a 3D library for gp2x python? Might it be possible to a wrapper for the tinySDGL port?

Anyway, Enjoy!
[/CUT]

dodgyville posted on May 29 2006 at 12:18 AM said:
I have just uploaded a new game for the gp2x. "Oh! The Humanity!" is a series of mini-games based on the most popular disasters in human history.

It needs pygame to run, and I should warn parents that it's probably not suitable for young people, as it contains adult themes including violence and religion.

Incidently, does anyone know of a 3D library for gp2x python? Might it be possible to a wrapper for the tinySDGL port?

Anyway, Enjoy!

I thought this was another thread by GuNtRiX for a second.

Anyway, this game sounds rather humerous. The screenshot really sums it all up, could you give me an exampe of one of the mini-games (I do not own a GP2X yet).

Last edited by a moderator:
Neo Child posted on May 28 2006 at 07:21 PM said:
dodgyville posted on May 29 2006 at 12:18 AM said:

Anyway, Enjoy!

I thought this was another thread by GuNtRiX for a second.

Anyway, this game sounds rather humerous. The screenshot really sums it all up, could you give me an exampe of one of the mini-games (I do not own a GP2X yet).

I thought so too.

This game sounds pretty neat. Now to download python and pygame for the gp2x.

OH MY GOD

this game sounds delightful! Im making a special trip to my desk drawer to get my SD because of it!

thanks!!!!!!!!

edit: please note that i have no idea what you mean by pygame. please point me in the correct direction to get that.

thanks!

lintsniffer posted on May 28 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 28 2006 at 06:56 PM said:
riggggght. No clue how to get this running

wanna give me a "for dummies" guide? sorry, im a bt of a retard.
O RLMENTE?
What, no readme's? No searches? :p

- Alex

lintsniffer posted on May 28 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 28 2006 at 06:56 PM said:
riggggght. No clue how to get this running

wanna give me a "for dummies" guide? sorry, im a bt of a retard.
O RLMENTE?
I swear to God I knew someone would say that exact same thing :D

this game crashes after I crash the Hindenburg. I installed the python and pygame libs (obviously, else it wouldn't run). The game just displays a biblical image for a second after i crashed the Hindenburg, then crashes back to the menu.

I'm having the same problem :(

Hi, can you tell my what firmware you are running, which python pack you are running (there might only be one), and also in /mnt/Games/ohthehumanity there is an error.log file. It would really help me out if you could email that to me!

That goes for anyone who has encountered a crash! I'm really interested in finding out what is causing it (it runs fine on my 1.4)...

Thanks,
Luke

I'm having the same problem :(

Hi, can you tell my what firmware you are running, which python pack you are running (there might only be one), and also in /mnt/Games/ohthehumanity there is an error.log file. It would really help me out if you could email that to me!

That goes for anyone who has encountered a crash! I'm really interested in finding out what is causing it (it runs fine on my 1.4)...

Thanks,
Luke
FW 2.0
The Python Pack you linked to
error.log: http://pastebin.com/756921

Sounds to me like you're missing the file data/oth0.3.scores, though I'll leave it to the developer to say.

And it crashes at that point, supposedly, because it tries to load/save scores and can't.

there is no data folder present in the archive o_O

EDIT: or is that file suposed to be in the python libs archive?

Sounds to me like you're missing the file data/oth0.3.scores, though I'll leave it to the developer to say.

And it crashes at that point, supposedly, because it tries to load/save scores and can't.

Wow - that looks like the problem exactly. I guess my archiver didn't add an empty directory to the archive package. And I shamelessly don't check for that file's existence in my code (pretty much the oldest gotcha in the book).

I'll try and get a new version done when this damn hangover wears off, until then you can create your own "data" folder in the main ohthehumanity directory.

I think I need a bucket

Works perfectly now! Interesting game you've got here, I like the fourth game best.

Back