Oh! The Humanity!

dodgyville

Website
Visit site
I have just uploaded a new game for the gp2x. "Oh! The Humanity!" is a series of mini-games based on the most popular disasters in human history.

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,37,1555

Download version 0.3.1 as 0.3.0 has a bug in the second level.

It needs pygame to run, and I should warn parents that it's probably not suitable for young people, as it contains adult themes including violence and religion.
[CUT]
Incidently, does anyone know of a 3D library for gp2x python? Might it be possible to a wrapper for the tinySDGL port?

Anyway, Enjoy!
[/CUT]

skarmachild

Website
www.curiositylabs.co.uk
dodgyville posted on May 29 2006 at 12:18 AM said:
I have just uploaded a new game for the gp2x. "Oh! The Humanity!" is a series of mini-games based on the most popular disasters in human history.

It needs pygame to run, and I should warn parents that it's probably not suitable for young people, as it contains adult themes including violence and religion.

Incidently, does anyone know of a 3D library for gp2x python? Might it be possible to a wrapper for the tinySDGL port?

Anyway, Enjoy!
I thought this was another thread by GuNtRiX for a second.

Anyway, this game sounds rather humerous. The screenshot really sums it all up, could you give me an exampe of one of the mini-games (I do not own a GP2X yet).

Last edited by a moderator:

PSyMastR

\m/O__O\m/
Website
Visit site
Neo Child posted on May 28 2006 at 07:21 PM said:
dodgyville posted on May 29 2006 at 12:18 AM said:

Anyway, Enjoy!
I thought this was another thread by GuNtRiX for a second.

Anyway, this game sounds rather humerous. The screenshot really sums it all up, could you give me an exampe of one of the mini-games (I do not own a GP2X yet).
I thought so too.

This game sounds pretty neat. Now to download python and pygame for the gp2x.

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
OH MY GOD

this game sounds delightful! Im making a special trip to my desk drawer to get my SD because of it!

thanks!!!!!!!!

edit: please note that i have no idea what you mean by pygame. please point me in the correct direction to get that.

thanks!

Alex.

Retired
lintsniffer posted on May 28 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 28 2006 at 06:56 PM said:
riggggght. No clue how to get this running

wanna give me a "for dummies" guide? sorry, im a bt of a retard.
O RLMENTE?
What, no readme's? No searches? :p

- Alex

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
lintsniffer posted on May 28 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 28 2006 at 06:56 PM said:
riggggght. No clue how to get this running

wanna give me a "for dummies" guide? sorry, im a bt of a retard.
O RLMENTE?
I swear to God I knew someone would say that exact same thing :D

Horscht

Banned?
Website
Visit site
this game crashes after I crash the Hindenburg. I installed the python and pygame libs (obviously, else it wouldn't run). The game just displays a biblical image for a second after i crashed the Hindenburg, then crashes back to the menu.

dodgyville

Website
Visit site
I'm having the same problem :(
Hi, can you tell my what firmware you are running, which python pack you are running (there might only be one), and also in /mnt/Games/ohthehumanity there is an error.log file. It would really help me out if you could email that to me!

That goes for anyone who has encountered a crash! I'm really interested in finding out what is causing it (it runs fine on my 1.4)...

Thanks,
Luke

Horscht

Banned?
Website
Visit site
I'm having the same problem :(
Hi, can you tell my what firmware you are running, which python pack you are running (there might only be one), and also in /mnt/Games/ohthehumanity there is an error.log file. It would really help me out if you could email that to me!

That goes for anyone who has encountered a crash! I'm really interested in finding out what is causing it (it runs fine on my 1.4)...

Thanks,
Luke
FW 2.0
The Python Pack you linked to
error.log: http://pastebin.com/756921

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Website
Visit site
Sounds to me like you're missing the file data/oth0.3.scores, though I'll leave it to the developer to say.

And it crashes at that point, supposedly, because it tries to load/save scores and can't.

dodgyville

Website
Visit site
Sounds to me like you're missing the file data/oth0.3.scores, though I'll leave it to the developer to say.

And it crashes at that point, supposedly, because it tries to load/save scores and can't.
Wow - that looks like the problem exactly. I guess my archiver didn't add an empty directory to the archive package. And I shamelessly don't check for that file's existence in my code (pretty much the oldest gotcha in the book).

I'll try and get a new version done when this damn hangover wears off, until then you can create your own "data" folder in the main ohthehumanity directory.

I think I need a bucket