Official Promotion And/or Boot Animation/Jingle Thread.

I think it would be more cool to have a Tux in the place of the kid ont he boot animation and maybe add an real arcade in place of neogeo.

Just a portable console game for portable console emulation, a home console for home console emulation, a arcade for acade emulation, a computer for computer software and Tux for the "opensource concept" No more no less.

Yod4z said:
I think it would be more cool to have a Tux in the place of the kid ont he boot animation and maybe add an real arcade in place of neogeo.

Just a portable console game for portable console emulation, a home console for home console emulation, a arcade for acade emulation, a computer for computer software and Tux for the "opensource concept" No more no less.
I like the kid.
I love the way he's looking at the penguin.
If the boy was a penguin, it would not be funny anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMiP said:
Again, I like this retro theme.
The 8-bit sounds are nifty, but I'm unsure about the "pandora" voice. It reminds me of the sentry guns from Portal*.

Less is more, in my opinion.
*"Are you still there?"

Ahaha You're right !
But i love the childish little voice , If i get any complaints i might do another version ^^

OH and HERE is a HI RES version with no sync problems ( that the great youtube makes when you upload something on it ) of the Version 2 of my retro animation

gibberish said:
its by far my favourite, but i think its a bit messy.

i mean the way the guy scrolls off the screen twice, its not very easy on the eyes.
imo he should just get caught by the box as he lets go of the ground.
I have to agree with this as well. The pixel guy should probably stay in the center of the screen as he tumbles into the box. Just have the background moving to the left and maybe catch up to the penguin and take a glance and him going the other way :)

Just ideas.

I also think you should throw more consoles in there. Just my opinion though.

Also, only the sprite-boy and box have a shadow, everything else has no shadow?

Phawx said:
gibberish said:
its by far my favourite, but i think its a bit messy.

i mean the way the guy scrolls off the screen twice, its not very easy on the eyes.
imo he should just get caught by the box as he lets go of the ground.
I have to agree with this as well. The pixel guy should probably stay in the center of the screen as he tumbles into the box. Just have the background moving to the left and maybe catch up to the penguin and take a glance and him going the other way :)

Just ideas.

I also think you should throw more consoles in there. Just my opinion though.

Also, only the sprite-boy and box have a shadow, everything else has no shadow?

I still think that more consoles would make the video too crowded ...
But yeah , if the developpers likes it i would definitively add shadows to every console.
And for the pandora dude going left to right , i tried following him with the camera and it looked a bit messy , i could still give another try but i still think its a mather of What you are focusing on , if you focus on the background objects its hars to follow but if you actually focus on the pandora dude its okay.
Still , i might give it a shot again :)
Thanks for all the great feedbacks!

Mr.Gonzo said:
OH and HERE is a HI RES version with no sync problems ( that the great youtube makes when you upload something on it ) of the Version 2 of my retro animation

It looks amazing on the hi-res no sync prob version. I really like it. I don't think the guy needs to stay in the middle, I like the sense of movement. B)

That could make a really nice screensaver, PC or Pandora - I'd love to see that on my laptop.

I REALLY like it with the sound, not sure about the Pandora voice at the end, but everything else is awesome, don't change this too much, I think it's pretty dialed in the way it is now.

like it with the sound... little hard to understand "pandora" at the end but generally liked the tone itself (even if it did sound a little like the portal bots)

Yeah , having the Pandora dude scrolling from screens to screens adds a little bit more humour to it , I like it
I wonder if some of the big guys saw it , maybe i could change their view on sound ahah , or boot animation !

I hate the eyes,all versions and feel that the current Pandora icon is too similar to that of the nintendo gamecube tho its still stylish,the eyes tho remind me of the atari jaguar and the retro boot is nice enough,actuly very good tho needs some slickness,a wee bit of motion blur and tweeking,but could be superb.

The jingle should be light, electronic,short,with a high note at the end ,some jingles end with a low,forboading or sadness and tho this sounds nice,its not a good idea - keep it fast and upbeat but short and to the point(point being new,fresh,exciting and Pandora!,remember the boot should have all enphisis on the logo and not on emulation,i really dont think blatant nintendo sega or atari icons are a good Idea,remember the pandora is a sophisticated device that can be used as an linux enviroment for office and multimedia as well as games,so think games not emulation but also think multimedia,office and internet 2009.

I hope no one is offended by this ,i would go and make a boot and jingle myself but im snowed down right now with other things.

Oh if i wanted motion blur it wouldve bin there . ( its more than easy to do )
But i had Retro in mind.
if you look at the hi res version it does have a clean and retro feel.
( instead of the Youtube one that is a bit blurry )

I REALLY like the retro animation! The eyes just creep me out too much. Just not what I would expect from an open-source developmental project like this. Besides, I really dig the emphasis on retro gaming.

I would love to see more start ups for the Pandora.
Mine puts emphasis on RETRO
but its would actually be cool to see different themes.
Like it said the pandora community is not only directed to retro gaming.
And there should be suitable themes for every types of Pandora users.
Its a community thing , we shouldnt forget that

WarmFluffyUK said:
I have an idea for a bit of a comical one, if I get the chance I will write it tonight :)
Hey man ! If you ever want some help with any kind of animation , music , sound effects. im always up to make some stuff for the pandora ^^

Back