Official Promotion And/or Boot Animation/Jingle Thread.

adamorjames said:
Hey Mr. Gonzo I noticed a bug or something. Maybe it is just this slow computer but in the animation on Newgrounds I see this at the beginning: http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/3387/re...nimv2bugsk3.png

Oh and here is an improved avatar. The one you have is kinda interpolated.

By adamorjames

Nooooo you revealed how messy i was at work !!!

blahaha. yeah since i didnt put in any load screen thats what you get , the animation whitout script . teeheehee. ( scripted camera )

Buuuut you wouldnt see it if you're computer wasnt slow. :)
( see theres somethime benefices to slow computers )
Thanks for the image thing...... but im waaaaaay too lazy to change it right now. aha

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like Mr. Gonzo's as a boot animation.

While very reminiscent of the Gamecubes', I like Banjeed's Pandora Logo as a boot animation.

quadomatic said:
Mr. Gonzo's is fantastic. I would love for that to be the intro.
its cluttered, it represents the pandora in light that its just meant for emulation, soundwise its annoying, its too long, and it's not iconic.

I guess its long enough for the pandora to load , and if it loads before the end you could still press a button and skip it.
Sure this one was a RETRO theme for the Retro people. But i still kept in mind that it wasnt only emulation based. The Portable computer AND the linux pinguin that flies by opens alot of doors.
Anyway i you read a bit more in this thread you'll see what was discussed. and how there was
different types of pandora users and how we should have a boot animation / theme for each kind of individuals.
Alot of people loved my animation, and some others loved the other ones.
i will make other animations soon.
Like we said it would be great to have different ones too.

Dude you can make a lot of money from that.

A penguin that flies and opens doors. That is real cool. ;)

Bahahah , thank you TaG.

I was thinking of adding a ghetto blaster and a TV flying by in the final version.
Maybe replacing the neo geo with an actual Arcade box.

Next animation is going to be a little " parody " of the eye thing , featuring the pandora dude.
Just wait and see ; )

Mr.Gonzo said:
I guess its long enough for the pandora to load , and if it loads before the end you could still press a button and skip it.
Sure this one was a RETRO theme for the Retro people. But i still kept in mind that it wasnt only emulation based. The Portable computer AND the linux pinguin that flies by opens alot of doors.
Anyway i you read a bit more in this thread you'll see what was discussed. and how there was
different types of pandora users and how we should have a boot animation / theme for each kind of individuals.
Alot of people loved my animation, and some others loved the other ones.
i will make other animations soon.
Like we said it would be great to have different ones too.

I wouldn't worry about answering to PoisonedV, I have yet to see him offer any helpful, constructive, advice and do it in a decent manner. Plus I am pretty sure he was talking about himself, he did mention being annoying, and he does seem to have that down pretty well.

Again, I think you did a great job, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. No need to let the minuscule amount of people that can't be constructive throw you off your game.

Sorry... Couldn't resist.

Don't want to detract you from making the next animation. What did strike me is that on the other forum is a discussion about a mascot, titled Pandora Girl but now degenerating into psychotic pandas or something. Perhaps Pandora dude, and a 'love interest', ie Pandora Girl, could make a good mascot(s).

I really like Mr. Gonzo's animation as well, but as a *boot* animation, it's out of the picture... a boot animation would have to fit in the 128KB (I think) for the BIOS...
it would make for a really cool splash-screen, though...

Damn where i work i dont seem to be able to QUOTE people !

To Nailz: Oh well, Dont worry about the poison dude No one have succeded yet to stop me to do what i do so far ahah .

To TaG: Yeah what about a valentines day special with the Pandora girl ?
Be sure to link this page to the people of the other forum aha!

we will definitively see more of the pandora dude on my part aha.

To Nilsiboy: Well downsizing it to a gif wouldnt be a problem. trust me can get there.
still waiting for some accurate details .

Nailz said:
I wouldn't worry about answering to PoisonedV, I have yet to see him offer any helpful, constructive, advice and do it in a decent manner. Plus I am pretty sure he was talking about himself, he did mention being annoying, and he does seem to have that down pretty well.

i gave constructive, true reasons why I think it wouldn't work, and you make personal attacks? GJ, you just placed yourself on the same level as me

PoisonedV said:
Nailz said:

i gave constructive, true reasons why I think it wouldn't work, and you make personal attacks? GJ, you just placed yourself on the same level as me
It wasn't really constructive at all, and me saying you're annoying isn't really a personal attack, it's an observation surely agreed upon by a lot of other people. A personal attack would be more like some of the comments you have made to other users in the past referring to them as female hygiene products.

You're more than welcome to get worked up if you like, that would seemingly fit your profile...

Back on topic...

Nilsiboys comment about the size is a good one, i'd love to see what you can do with a smaller version Mr. Gonzo, even of it doesn't become an official boot animation or anything like that, I'm sure the option would be there to make it whatever we like.

It wasn't really constructive at all,
i listed the things that were wrong with it. you can do the opposite to fix them

and me saying you're annoying isn't really a personal attack, it's an observation surely agreed upon by a lot of other people. A personal attack would be more like some of the comments you have made to other users in the past referring to them as female hygiene products.
there you go again. just because somethings true doesn't mean its not a personal attack, an attack based on an unrelated instance in a certain circumstance. and when did I say that?
You're more than welcome to get worked up if you like, that would seemingly fit your profile...
wat
Back on topic...
yeah right
Nilsiboys comment about the size is a good one, i'd love to see what you can do with a smaller version Mr. Gonzo, even of it doesn't become an official boot animation or anything like that, I'm sure the option would be there to make it whatever we like.
ah, so its fine when he says it but not I?

PoisonedV said:
Do you find it some sort of victory dragging people down to your level? At least you concede that you make personal attacks on people.

Back