Official Pandora Ebay Thread

^ The lesson I would learn from this is that it might make sense to source more capital and ramp up production. These damn consoles need to get on the market quickly in significant amounts. The hype won't last forever, and not everyone is interested in a collector's item. This needs to get into user's and developer's hands to create an ecosystem. This ecosystem is needed for follow-up projects like Pandora 2.

mali said:
^ The lesson I would learn from this is that it might make sense to source more capital and ramp up production. These damn consoles need to get on the market quickly in significant amounts. The hype won't last forever, and not everyone is interested in a collector's item. This needs to get into user's and developer's hands to create an ecosystem. This ecosystem is needed for follow-up projects like Pandora 2.

Agreed. I was hoping that they'd only need pre-orders for the first batch. I would have paid $400 for something with half the battery life if it meant them being able to fund making a set of 6,000 to sell far and wide. This waiting your turn for toilet paper thing is not the best way to build hype.

Indie Dev Commandment #0: It's totally okay to make money making something awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I didn't win the bidding war. :(

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53933-real-live-pandora-for-sale/

YSWMQ.png

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53933-real-live-pandora-for-sale/

I was bidding on this.I went past a 1000,dollars.then someone doubled their bid.
Pandoras are hot cakes.

Holy cow…

If he is ever paid, I think he should give at least half (or more) of his gains to the dev fund.
It would be a win-win-win deal:
  • the seller get a nice amount of cash (enough to buy a special edition Pandora, if they're still planned)
  • the crazy bidder gets his Pandora (at ±7 times the original price)
  • the community get some cash to reward the great devs (the seller and bidder get more apps for their pandora)

1295.65 uk ££ holy fuck ! emm no ! think other thoughts now paddy boy....

dips head back into pandora to try and get aplay working so i can show off internal mic.

Looks like one of these joke-biddings that get canceled after a while.
Didn't they bid Million $ for an old bread at ebay or something like this? :lol:

$1800 is insane, ok, for the fact, that only 700 Pandoras exist in the world at the moment it could fit. But it's not even the pink pandora we are waiting to be selled on EBay, I wonder how high this thing will go. ;)
(by the way, where are the Ash-grey and the pink Pandora? )

fusion_power said:
Didn't they bid Million $ for an old bread at ebay or something like this? :lol:

$1800 is insane, ok, for the fact, that only 700 Pandoras exist in the world at the moment it could fit. But it's not even the pink pandora we are waiting to be selled on EBay, I wonder how high this thing will go. ;)

emm ... well craig gave me them as he was going to chuck them in the skip ,i said hell yeh !

then i thought pink hell no ! ,well wishes can come true.

Hope they are not fake bids. Price is ridiculous. Would be nice to see someone shelled out $2000 for a Pandora, it'll make headline news on gadget sites.

rsuryase said:
Hope they are not fake bids. Price is ridiculous. Would be nice to see someone shelled out $2000 for a Pandora, it'll make headline news on gadget sites.
There's still time, we could get in on this and have a Pandora time share. If just a hundred of us put in $30 I bet it could be ours easily.

EDIT: We could post all the naughty unboxing pics and connector shots we want.

paddy said:
fusion_power said:

emm ... well craig gave me them as he was going to chuck them in the skip ,i said hell yeh !

then i thought pink hell no ! ,well wishes can come true.
After this bidding here, Craigix would be very wise to sell these special Pandoras itself. ;)
OPT can need the Money and I guess, advertising the ONLY official Pink (and grey) Pandora in a propper way (Including autographs from the devs) could lead to interesting values in bidding. :D

Back