Official Pandora Ebay Thread

Honestly, if you want to have a cheap pandora: Visit the German forums and by the one from vimacs. He has not put it onto ebay because he wants someone from the community to have it, but he does need the money at the moment. Currently the price is at 380€ and the offer ends in some 8 hours. Link: http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9757

Those who don't know German could post in English and leave the translation from translate.google.com. Here is the last post with a bid so far (the rest afterwards is more or less off topic discussion, partly about the other auctions via ebay): http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=125945#p125945

EDIT: He also started a thread about this in this board: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54114-my-pandora-for-sale-ends-today-380/

Last edited by a moderator:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
You seriously think the Pandoras a toy? :blink:

No, but the people bidding on ebay might. My point was that a few people have money to spend on anything that might entertain them.

that was your point? :blink:

I thought you were just trying to be a smart-ass

tsh said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:

No, but the people bidding on ebay might. My point was that a few people have money to spend on anything that might entertain them.
True enough.

I've got a friend that bought a new phone for about £500 and never even bothered to use it. Don't think he's even taken it out of the box yet? :huh:

I listed this in another thread, but since this is the official thread, here ya go!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pandora-Open-Source-Handheld-Gaming-System-NEW-Wiz-GP2X-/320543889173?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games&hash=item4aa1e79715

Right now the Pandora is only around 700 shipped, so 1000+ dollars is no suprise to me at all. Once all 4000 have shipped, the prices will probably level off around 500(more or less), depending on all the feedback, and desire for batch number 2. Also, in coming weeks and months, I'm sure more listings will appear, and then that will also force the prices down, as then there will be more to choose from. Xbox 360's, and PS3's had the same crazy pricing early on, and then it dropped way off, over weeks and months.

Chris

It really makes me tempted :ph34r: i have a signed start up guide as well , ohh i shouldn't be typing of what i am thinking !

a new car ?
a holiday ?
pay some bills off ?

hmmm ,emm should stop dreaming and get back to installing gimp.

:)

paddy said:
It really makes me tempted :ph34r: i have a signed start up guide as well , ohh i shouldn't be typing of what i am thinking !

Sell on eBay and buy a (possibly more consistent) batch 2 unit out of the funds?

Monk said:
paddy said:

Sell on eBay and buy a (possibly more consistent) batch 2 unit out of the funds?

I have thought about doing that but i would miss my pandora ,some of the best bits are right at the start when we see everything coming together ,new software to test and so on ,but yes i have thought about the fact i will prolly be waiting quite a while for some of the things on my pandora to be fixed like the shoulder button that most of us in the first 400 got landed with ,and i would not feel right selling my pandora with the number 5 key that can't be used as it sticks down into the case ,so i am not using it untill it gets fixed as i don't want to cause damage to the keymat.

Craig and co: You guys should take advantage of this. Save 100~ units for ebay rather than preorder to help with dev funds.

paddy said:
Monk said:
paddy said:

I have thought about doing that but i would miss my pandora ,some of the best bits are right at the start when we see everything coming together ,new software to test and so on ,but yes i have thought about the fact i will prolly be waiting quite a while for some of the things on my pandora to be fixed like the shoulder button that most of us in the first 400 got landed with ,and i would not feel right selling my pandora with the number 5 key that can't be used as it sticks down into the case ,so i am not using it untill it gets fixed as i don't want to cause damage to the keymat.

Agreed on pretty much everything. I wonder how much just the signed startup guide would be worth? And whether it would be worth mroe now, or later?

Tripmonkey_uk said:
tsh said:
It tells us nothing about demand other than there seem to be 5-10 people in the world who are prepared to spend some money to get their hands on a toy.

It's a hackers/server admins dream machine. You could easily remote update 100's of computers spread out all over the world at the same time with one of these little computers (given enough knowledge of course).
It's a damn powerful little Linux machine that's capable of a hell of a lot more than just playing games B)
It's different things to different people. I'm buying it to play R-Type 1/2, R-Type Delta, R-Type 3rd Lightning, and that's about it - maybe a couple of amiga games. So to me, it's a toy.

D.

Ahh really not for sale ,money will always be tempting with everything but when i met OPT they were a really nice bunch of guys and i respect them very highly ,it was great to help them out ,even tho i really didn't do anything major apart from little things that give you bad blisters ! but it was great to actuly meet Ed ,i couldn't beleve when i saw him ,more tall than i thought and very cool looking ohh and a very nice guy (it's homebrew !) and craig was a super cool guy that seemed to be busy from the word go ,always running around doing something and keeping the production going at the same time ,MWeston was also a super nice guy ,he really was quite quiet but very very hard working with his head down soildering boards all day long then only looking up to say ,thats one more box down !

I am really lucky to have met those guys and i really wish them all the success they deserve and the best of luck ,the start up guide is my memory of all that.

So when do we start a pool for how much they'll go for? Winner gets to oggle some nubs.

Is it possible an editor of some gadget website is bidding on this for a review or first look?

rsuryase said:
Is it possible an editor of some gadget website is bidding on this for a review or first look?
Yes. Next question. Seriously though, that's a good point, having a first stab at a real unit could very easily be worth a grand for a review.

You know, if I were Open Pandora i'd be tempted to start selling them on eBay for batch 2 ;p

Back