Official Pandora Ebay Thread

I'm not saying who ever paid that price is a mug,but if anybody knows who it is could they tell me , because I've got a pocketful of magic beans I want to sell. ..

I think ED was the buyer - and Craig the seller. To whip up some eBay fever and show us just how VALUABLE these things are!

All I have to say is that it's sad that the open pandora team didn't limit 1 pre-order per customer. Glad I didn't pre order a Pandora cause would be in a freaking rage from people buying multiple ones just to hawk on the bay. :angry:

geise69 said:
would be in a freaking rage from people buying multiple ones just to hawk on the bay. :angry:
Why?

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
Because we're having to wait while somebody's making a massive profit off delaying our units. Plus Craig was limiting orders to try and avoid having a lot of them end up on eBay.

hedwards said:
WizardStan said:
Because we're having to wait while somebody's making a massive profit off delaying our units. Plus Craig was limiting orders to try and avoid having a lot of them end up on eBay.
Limiting orders to avoid having them on ebay? That's just the opposite of what it will do. It will increase the demand for the Pandora, which increases the markup on eBay, which makes it more profitable and attracting to sell it on there.

hedwards said:
It isn't delaying your unit by any perceptible amount unless you happen to be unlucky enough to fall right at the edge and get rolled over to the next day, or possibly the edge of this first run of 1000; and only by selling so many was OPT actually able to fund the project. You should be thanking these people that bought so many for fronting the extra money they needed to keep from going out of business before they had a chance to complete things. :p

Gainsbourg said:
hedwards said:
WizardStan said:
Limiting orders to avoid having them on ebay? That's just the opposite of what it will do. It will increase the demand for the Pandora, which increases the markup on eBay, which makes it more profitable and attracting to sell it on there.

PosionedV making yet more accounts for us to ban

IMHO with hide-sight being 20/20 and all that... there is a lesson to be learned.

When creating the next hot product, state up front that you're going to sell every 10th unit of the first 1000 on Ebay - then do it.

I was pretty opposed to the idea of OPL delaying the pre-orders at all in order to auction units bypassing the queue and any cherry-picking of the boards. Seeing the price there - I'm of mixed mind on it. If they were to do it without cherry-picking and limit themselves to 10 or so - part of me would like them to do it. At this point I wouldn't even bother with special paint. Just put one up a week with a 7 day auction. I.e. keep one out for sale at all times with the retail price as the starting bid.

In theory it would have two effects. First it would give OPL a pizza fund (we're not talking huge $$$$ in the big picture). Second it would put competition in the marketplace and pull back a bit from the 3rd party profiteering. IMHO that first one only sold for that kind of $$$$ because it was the first one on Ebay. I could be wrong though.

Back to waiting.

x68000 said:
Gainsbourg said:

PosionedV making yet more accounts for us to ban

rofl

People saying this is wrong selling on ebay, pretty sure they are just saying that after seeing the prices they have sold for and not having one to sell them selves. At the end of the day if some one wants to spend nearly £500 or nearly $2000 on one kudos to them for having the money to do so and belief in the project to get one early at such a high price. Personally I wish I ordered 2 but I can guarantee that mine would never sell that high just down to pure dumb luck.

At the end of the day those Pandora's are still in the wild with end users.

Here's one more guys/gals!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pandora-Open-Source-Handheld-Gaming-System-NEW-Wiz-GP2X-/320546111320?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games&hash=item4aa2097f58

I figured if anyone doesn't want to wait for the current auctions to end, here you go. Yes, I know the price is high(several hundred less than the current highest auction), this is for that "I have to have it now" person.

Also Free UPS express shipping to "ALL" buyers, USA or International. First Come, First Served!

Chris

Craigx know who these sellers are? Especially the ones who has their Pandora on hand.

I wonder who the buyers are. Either they are rich and don't care how much they pay, or they are Taiwanese manufacturers who haven't yet figured out how to design their own ARM subnotebook.

These 1000 USD bid prices are what makes people settle for a small netbook or wait for PSP2 or 3DS instead <_<

Back