Official Mascot

Bloody hell, why is everyone getting so stressed over a cartoon mascot?

Thanks guys for the kind words :)

Sorry Jegriva to hear about the friend/family with cancer, its not easy being in this situation. However, the mascot is no personal rebuke at anyone.

The version with the shaved cross was to humour someone in the poll thread and was never going to be used. hando (or admin) just accidently posted that image probably because it was nice and small.

With so many forum members, one design is obviously not going to please everyone. i came up with lots of variations of the mascot (including knife) for fun so that people who wanted to use the avatar could at least get some individuallity rather than all having a clone of the official version.

As it is the OFFICIAL mascot has a socket below and speaker above.

The other versions are variations. Feel free to use, ignore, abuse etc as you wish.

Mine familiar has cancer and now she is under chemio-therapy.
I'm truly sorry to hear that. I wish her a speedy recovery.
We all know someone who has a serious illness.

Thanks for the tact.
Tact?
I said nothing about anyone except those who use Political Correctness to force their opinions on others without regard for the opinions of anyone else (even those that they are 'protecting')
I am aware that English may not be your first language (in fact you write English much better that I could write Italian) and I try to interpret and read between the lines to get the best possible meaning from all messages.

Has your friend seen the image that offended you?
Were you telling us her opinion?
It didn't sound like it from your previous posts.
Actually, it's the worst I've seen yet...
It's just my personal opinion, the community have yet chosen,I don't want to create any flame.

IMHO, it looks like it have had some kind of illness, and I don't think it's politically correct.

I still say that Political Correctness causes more harm that it does good.
And it has nothing to do with tact or diplomacy.
You shouldn't tell anyone how to think or how they should be feeling or what opinions they should have.
But you are welcome to tell me why it's your opinion that my opinions are wrong.
That would be the start of an interesting discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, the discussion is happily closed, I misunderstood the news, you have clarified and explained the real meaning of it.

@gp32rich: "Tact" is a bad and fast translation Ita\Eng, sorry.

Back