Would This Power Supply Work?

It says it's GP2X compatible and offers no further info, so I would assume it works.

A wrong power supply will either do nothing, get very hot, blow an internal fuse or damage your GP2X, depending on exactly what it wrong and how it's built.

It's too small to see from the image whether the supply is centre positive or negative, but because it says GP2X compatible it is likely to work. It accepts 100-230V, so it is US-friendly.

Inserting a power supply which has the incorrect polarity blows the voltage regulator, which is very difficult to place. A possible symptom of this is that your GP2X does not start on battery power but will with a power supply with correct polarity.

I live in the US, and just bought this one 2 weeks ago, based on a recommendation I found elsewhere on these forums:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...amp;tab=summary

They usually have it in stock at any Radio Shack, and I can verify it works just fine. Just make sure the tip is set to negative. Little pricey, though....but I have used it for almost 2 weeks now with no problems at all.

EDIT: I should add that I am using this for an f200...an f100 may need slightly different power, not certain about that.

CJ Maynard said:
EDIT: I should add that I am using this for an f200...an f100 may need slightly different power, not certain about that.
The F-100 and F-200 are identical in this point.

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
Back