Release Official Blog Post (Did Somebody Say "let It Begin?")

dflemstr said:
MuteRobert said:
Ah yes, that's the address I was using - last post erroneous.

Anyway, I've done what I should have done before asking and read the FAQ. It seems there are no more units left (despite quite a few posters on these boards stating otherwise) and that they'll let us know when the next batch is ready for pre-orders.

..anyone know any different, is this just the official party line or are there some free units still to be had from the initial 3000 consoles?
There SHOULD be some left from the original 4000 unit batch; if there are none, the Pandora team would have answered your email, explicitly telling you that there are no units remaining.

Maybe they're just busy. You know, with living and eating and working and sleeping and stuff :p
I really don't think a reply within 4 weeks is much to ask for do you? ;) This after all isn't a charity, it is supposed to be a business.

I'll try sending from a couple of different email accounts, something may have gone awry perhaps.

I don't suppose anyone has anything crazy like a telephone number or something I could contact them on? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
MuteRobert said:
dflemstr said:
MuteRobert said:
Ah yes, that's the address I was using - last post erroneous.

Anyway, I've done what I should have done before asking and read the FAQ. It seems there are no more units left (despite quite a few posters on these boards stating otherwise) and that they'll let us know when the next batch is ready for pre-orders.

..anyone know any different, is this just the official party line or are there some free units still to be had from the initial 3000 consoles?
There SHOULD be some left from the original 4000 unit batch; if there are none, the Pandora team would have answered your email, explicitly telling you that there are no units remaining.

Maybe they're just busy. You know, with living and eating and working and sleeping and stuff :p
I really don't think a reply within 4 weeks is much to ask for do you? ;) This after all isn't a charity, it is supposed to be a business.

I'll try sending from a couple of different email accounts, something may have gone awry perhaps.

I don't suppose anyone has anything crazy like a telephone number or something I could contact them on? ;)

OPENPANDORA LTD
openpandorasales@gmail.com
Tel.No. +44 (0)191 2432253 (10am - 4pm GMT - Monday to Friday)

openpandora did have units left on monday when i ordered mine

www.gbax.com says:

To order one please email gp2xorders@gmail.com

The price is $330. Very few are available now, but at the time of writing there are some still available from the first batch.

You can also visit the official page here. There are many videos on youtube too.

www.gbax.com says:

To order one please email gp2xorders@gmail.com

The price is $330. Very few are available now, but at the time of writing there are some still available from the first batch.

GhostChaserUK said:
full price list and there are units left to. just ordered one on this week

USD PRICE

Pandora $330
Accessories:
TV OUT $19.99
CARRY CASE $19.99
BATTERY $28.99
Power Adaptor $7.99
Stylus $7.00
Dev Fund $20

Air Mail shipping $19
UPS 24/48 hr shipping $45

Having the world's greatest handheld console... priceless.

Sorry couldn't resist. :p

sverm said:
GhostChaserUK said:
full price list and there are units left to. just ordered one on this week

USD PRICE

Pandora $330
Accessories:
TV OUT $19.99
CARRY CASE $19.99
BATTERY $28.99
Power Adaptor $7.99
Stylus $7.00
Dev Fund $20

Air Mail shipping $19
UPS 24/48 hr shipping $45

Having the world's greatest handheld console... priceless.

Sorry couldn't resist. :p

lol now that is priceless :lol:

I wonder if this means we are now 30-35 days from mould completion? Previous ED posts and the blog entry on Jul-21 suggested that the company had started making the moulds then.

Many thanks for the help fellas on the order info front. Sent my fourth email from a work account and success! Finally a reply.

Just waiting for the Google checkout request now and I'm part of the (oh so elite) Pandora club. ;)

The email I got seemed to suggest an ETA of September (end of) - now wouldn't that be all kinds of awesome.

Thanks again

aliking said:
I wonder if this means we are now 30-35 days from mould completion? Previous ED posts and the blog entry on Jul-21 suggested that the company had started making the moulds then.
The total estimate for mould creation was bumped to 45 days a couple of months back. This included a couple of weeks at the start for a review process. That began on July 21, and was completed on schedule. So yes, we're into the 30 days now. :)

borgqueenx said:
thanks, but ive heard all pandora's can be made in one single day. then why would it take another month for the other 4000 pandora's to be shipped?

No most of the cases can be made in a few days the boards will take longer than they have to be shipped and assembled and shipped again. quite some work.

borgqueenx said:
thanks, but ive heard all pandora's can be made in one single day. then why would it take another month for the other 4000 pandora's to be shipped?

Just because the can be, doesn't mean they will be. The factory certainly is capable of manufacturing 4000 Pandoras at once, but they have other contracts for forfill. :)

Enverex said:
Plus Craig said they could only package up ~300 a day.

300 a day? do you have a link to that?

That's pretty fast. That would only be 14 days for the whole lot. Not as bad as I pictured it. I may yet get mine before my birthday(10/21), considering I ordered in the first hour of pre-orders. That is, of course, if they are still honoring the place-in-line-thingy from eons ago...

MonkeyChops said:
Enverex said:
Plus Craig said they could only package up ~300 a day.

300 a day? do you have a link to that?

That's pretty fast. That would only be 14 days for the whole lot. Not as bad as I pictured it. I may yet get mine before my birthday(10/21), considering I ordered in the first hour of pre-orders. That is, of course, if they are still honoring the place-in-line-thingy from eons ago...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49128-delivery-notification/page__view__findpost__p__748235

Back