Ocarina Of Time 2d

HackModford

I know there are alot of rumors going around about this project but I was wondering if it is real and if it ever gets finished... Will somebody be able to port it to the GP2X?

I have never heard about it before... care to post a link (no pun intended)? sounds interesting.

EDIT: Never mind, I had a quick search on google. Yes, the project looks amazing but there is a few things that will make it pretty much impossible to be ported:
1. Not sure which engine this runs on but if it is something like RPG Maker 2k no cigar.
2. Dampe, on of the creators seems to have passed away due to a tragic car accident. May he rest in peace.
3. Because of Dampe's demise I doubt that this project will be finished. It seems to have been halted for quite a while. The forum is offline, the page has been closed and some script kiddie seems to believe that he is a L337 H4xx0r of some sorts and has thus guessed Dampe's password for numerous webaccounts in a desperate attempt to make him admit that he is still alive. Quite humorous actually... what a dingus "Bwaaa... Dampe, come back from the dead so I can play your Zelda remake... Bwaaaa... I will haxxor your coffin...".

There are 100s of OoT2D around. The "Original" by Daniel Barras is kinda dead, you can find the whole story on zfgc.com (if it still exists..or exists again ;) )

Then there's Zelda Classic, an official port of which is supposedly under works :)

zelda classic is the closest to programing i ever got. it is the best, over 4 days, 3 n64 game guides, 26 hours of OoT 64, nine cases of bawls energy and two bags of peppermints me and my friend made OoT 2d, and TP 2d games, after that i passed out from a caffine od... :lol:

taco1bell said:
zelda classic is the closest to programing i ever got. it is the best, over 4 days, 3 n64 game guides, 26 hours of OoT 64, nine cases of bawls energy and two bags of peppermints me and my friend made OoT 2d, and TP 2d games, after that i passed out from a caffine od... :lol:
Yet again, you prove you're pathetic beyond all belief.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the author probably did fake his own death. Pretty fascinating story.

for whatever reason whenever i see words like "zelda", "fan" and "collective" near each other, i start kicking whatever's close by. zelda classic...chrissakes, didn't evildragon or someone else send them a gp2x as a gift a long time ago? how hard is it to crank out a tile-based rpg engine, when the code's been worked on for years and years, and all of the artwork, story, etc is just getting ripped of a nintendo game?

i don't know what it is about zelda that poisons some people's minds. faked his own death. c'mon. really. ffs. on the internet. because of a zelda fan game. etc.

*disclaimer: i am thoroughly enjoying playing twilight princess on my brother's wii. but that doesn't mean i'm gonna start doing fanfics or anything :ph34r:

Maybe the GP2X Allegro port was too slow, or maybe they hit some RAM limitations. It would have been nice to hear some updates on its status, but what're you gonna do? :mellow:

Edit:

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97603 said:
Actually, I'm semi-actively in the process of getting ZC 2.10.3 ported to the GP2X. I've just overcome a major obstacle in getting the new Allegro compiled for the system (needed due to some bug fixes it offers) [...] Anyway, ZC actually loads on it. I'm just hammering out some platform-specific bugs and things should be good after that (I hope).

[...]

ZC actually loads on the GP2X, but there's an encryption issue which causes quests and the save file not to load. Once I get that fixed, things should be great.
It also appears that the Windows version required 70MB of RAM to run, so a lot of work must have went into it to get it to run on the GP2X :)

atomicthumbs said:
taco1bell said:
Yet again, you prove you're pathetic beyond all belief.

pathetic, no,lazy,yes ,dumb,no, 14,yes, and after playing a few games on my 2x, and looking at wikipedia, a basic clone of a n64 game could be made by utilizing the gp2xes co processors. a 2d game should be easy, i played the demo, and its very possible, even a snes zelda patch should work , wait...no too few buttons, a basic version on snes would work

Back