GP32 Zelda: OOT 2D - Would be cool for GP32

Square

Still Fresh
Website
www.hjalte.com
Hello

Yesterday i found this website, and i thought this game looked very promising. I also thought that it would be very cool to have on the GP32, if anybody would care to port it of course.

I guess you have to send the author an email, and ask if you could port it, and maybe also, when he thinks the final version is done. The game is not totally done yet, but he has some pics on his hompage, that shows what the game is going to be like.

I think it's going to be a great game, especially if someone could port it...

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 2D

hercule18 posted on Oct 10 2003 at 12:35 PM said:
I think you can play it with Snes9xgp!
This is not a SNES game but a Windows 2D remake of Zelda:OOT using sprites nicked from the SNES Zelda games.

Depending on the language used by the author (VERY big?) and his willingness to work on (or with someone) on a GP32 port I don't see why not in theory.

In practice the remake is not really playable and there is a LONG way to go before it is a game rather then a tech demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
dint know this one, it looks really cool!!!
hope there will be a gp32 port :)
and it should be fullspeed, not like the snes games ..

that's so so so great. i hope this fella is going to port it. maybe we can make him buy a gp32 because i think this guy loves open source stuff otherwise he wouldn't make a freeware game. i'm gonna wright him an e-mail YAY!

just received his reply mail:

quote:

Sounds great, I'll probably see about buying one and possibly learning
the
SDK for the GP32.

Daniel Barras

YAY!

well it shouldnt be too hard, because the resolution is 320x240.
And it isnt a snes game so it shouldn't be hard to port....

If only someone like Craigix or The guy who did ROTT were reading this.. :D

Hey, good news!
Hope we can see a first test soon, perhaps when the author release the next demo,
the screenshots look so nice, cant wait to get it.
and he is going to make a SNES-like version of Majuras Mask and the Wind Waker also when he finished Zelda OOC (or he dont ;D)
BYE

He's thinking long-term :/ His progress has been pretty fast so far though, the project looks amazing and the engine demo is brilliant, the detail he's put in shows easily that he's dedicated. Plus lots of original graphics :)

He's 60% done as of August 03, and he thinks it will be finished in 3 months! That's November-ish :)

Now for the bad news: the engine used is Gamemaker 5. No porting :/ (reference: http://www.alloutgames.com/Interviews/dani....ielbarras.html)

Haha, good, I'm off the hook.

I was reading this whole thread hoping I wouldn't have to be the one to break it to you guys, that he doesn't really know any programing, he's been using GameMaker.

He posted this game on GameFAQs about 3 months ago, and I talked to him on the boards and he told us how he made it. It was a bit of a let down...

trooper posted on Oct 13 2003 at 08:52 PM said:
Or maybe a runtime fxe or interpreter like SCUMM, Just a thought. :unsure:

Trooper
an interpreter would be sweet, loooads of homebrew stuff would be made just for the gp and it would open up a new library of games :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back