Normal Pc Internal Temperatures

I just ran si soft sandra and it contradicts the motherboard and says the cpu temp is the Mobo one and vice versa that seems to make sense. Anyway, I just thought. Seeing as th ebios says that the mobo temp is the cpu then it will think the cpu is coller than it is and not run the fans as fast wont it? Also how did sisoft sandra know that it was the other way round?

So I know its not too hot. next thing to do is get my dad to buy a new washing machine instead of useing this old and worn out PoS that shakes my entire room when its on, including this pc.

I think you should only worry when it starts hitting 70 - 80 deg C....

Steve-O posted on Apr 21 2006 at 09:32 PM said:
When Pentium D's max operating temperature is like 65 I think? When I put more ram and a new GFX card in I think ill switch to some better fans/heat sink with arctic silver paste. Should improve it a bit.

DemonStar55 posted on Apr 22 2006 at 03:14 AM said:
Steve-O posted on Apr 21 2006 at 04:32 PM said:
or 100.... my case fan died
:eek: Poor PC

Does anyone know why the mobo says the cpu and mobo temperature are X and Y when Si Soft Sandra says they are Y and X?

Last edited by a moderator:
Na, Cant get to it easily anyway. Ill piss on goitys!

Has anyone ever tried using piss in a water cooling set up? I mean the minerals and stuff in it make increase heat absorbtion rate and in turn increase component heat dissipation!

well, my new athlon 64 3200+ clawhammer is usually between 30 and 35 degrees celsius, should I piss on it? :p
Whatever is telling you the cpu is cooler than the motherboard is probably wrong.

sam fisher posted on Apr 22 2006 at 10:40 AM said:
DemonStar55 posted on Apr 22 2006 at 03:14 AM said:
Steve-O posted on Apr 21 2006 at 04:32 PM said:
or 100.... my case fan died
:eek: Poor PC
The PC is fine, some how it handelded the temps....

Last edited by a moderator:
A Celeron D class CPU is okay and normal to run at around 64 degrees. Celeron Ds are by design okay running hotter than other celeron CPUs.

Edit: Don't forget that the temp report from the onboard temp sensors are inaccurate, they can be up to 10% wrong.

just checked my temps for the fun and guess what, my mobo is also hotter than my cpu O_0

Only a few degrees though, which means nothing according to WarmFluffy, cause its in the 10 percent range.

(using pcwizard)

Back