No Usb Device Shows Up When Connecting The Caanoo To My Pc

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
Hey guys,

the caanoo doesn't get recognized on my windows vista 64 bit, no "new device attached" sound happens, nothing in device manager, am not using an usb hub, it's directly connected to an usb port on my mother board although i only tried one atm will try others in a bit, sd card is formated as fat32, no files exists on the card...

anyone happen to have the same problem ?

just tried a few diffrent usb ports on the pc, nothing detected damn it. It does seem to charge the caanoo since the led is purple / red...

Right click on 'Computer' (in start menu or whatever it's called these days), and pick Manage, goto device manager & check your devices (look for unknown devices or Usb Devices with an exclamation marks/question marks) while the device is connected. Remove those, and tell device manager to scan again (one of the buttons on the top if i remember correctly), this should help if the problem is a failed driver installation, if that doesn't help, download a live boot cd with linux and boot from that, connect the Caanoo, and if that doesn't find it neighter you might have a bad device/cable, try on another computer to rule out an incompatibility between the Caanoo & the UsB controller, it's extremely rare, but i've seen such a thing once with usb devices.

there was no "new device connected" sound so there won't be any unrecognized devices in the device manager ... thought that was obvious, i could use linux yes but erh does the pc manager thing work then ?

I tried another sd card as well same problem, might be something related to my 64 bit system perhaps ? anyone else using a 64 bit (windows) system ?

btw i'm not your average joe pc users, so tried almost everything already that can be done windows wise, i'll try ubuntu sometime soon.

joyrider said:
there was no "new device connected" sound so there won't be any unrecognized devices in the device manager ... thought that was obvious, i could use linux yes but erh does the pc manager thing work then ?

I tried another sd card as well same problem, might be something related to my 64 bit system perhaps ? anyone else using a 64 bit (windows) system ?

btw i'm not your average joe pc users, so tried almost everything already that can be done windows wise, i'll try ubuntu sometime soon.

I use Win7 64bit here, works flawlessly. The SD card shouldn't make a difference, it should be detected.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm intresting,

i do remember something, well actually 2 things

1) the signed driver requirements, but i do not think this is a problem since it will probably use usbstor.sys from microsoft
2) however, i had problems connecting the dingoo to my vista pc after updating to the latest service pack, i remember fixing that by reverting / replacing the current usbstor.sys file with the initial version that came installed when no service packs had been applied yet, this could be the cause, although it's still weird no device shows up in the device manager / sound is made. It should come up as an urecognized device then i think

i'll try to see if ubuntu detects it sometime, not in the mood to reboot my pc atm.

fixed it :)

booted ubuntu, used fdisk to erase everything, rebooted, let windows format it. Problem solved :)

btw what are these 2 files :
NED_LIC.SYS
NED_SID.SYS

they show up right after i connected it ?

joyrider said:
fixed it :)

booted ubuntu, used fdisk to erase everything, rebooted, let windows format it. Problem solved :)

btw what are these 2 files :
NED_LIC.SYS
NED_SID.SYS

they show up right after i connected it ?

They are created by the Caanoo's firmware, haven't examined them closely yet, might be related to the DRM

Last edited by a moderator:
Back