Caanoo Usb Connection Not Recognised/malfunction Problem

McDonnell

Still Fresh
Hello! I'm a very new user and I want to apologise in advance for asking stupid questions. It's just that I have a problem and I really need help.

The problem I have is when I connect my Caanoo to a computer to move/copy games and multimedia data. I connect my Caanoo with the USB cable and the touchscreen displays that the USB has been connected. I thought I could then check the state of the Caanoo (or external memory) using the PC and move/copy games and multimedia data but I get a message saying that the USB device has not been recognised and that the USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and that Windows does not recognise it. The device is shown as an unknown device and I'm recommended to try reconnecting the device and if Windows still does not recognise it, to replace it.

I searched the I Need Help [Caanoo] forum and have read the relevant posts and tried everything I can understand in them. I've tried dozens of PCs with different versions of Windows in work and get the same response from all of them. I've tried dozens of Apples with different OS but get nothing at all, not even a message.

My Caanoo is just great, as is the USB cable and the 4G SD card game pack (which all the computers read and recognize when you insert it in their SD slots) it's just that when I put them all together I get a problem.

As I said, I'm a very new user and I really am sorry for asking for help but if you could help me I would be indebted to you. Thanks.

McDonnell said:
The problem I have is when I connect my Caanoo to a computer to move/copy games and multimedia data. I connect my Caanoo with the USB cable and the touchscreen displays that the USB has been connected. I thought I could then check the state of the Caanoo (or external memory) using the PC and move/copy games and multimedia data but I get a message saying that the USB device has not been recognised and that the USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and that Windows does not recognise it. The device is shown as an unknown device and I'm recommended to try reconnecting the device and if Windows still does not recognise it, to replace it.

really strange, mine goes ok without drives or anything and so on my friends comp too.
Try another cable maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello erico! Thanks for replying. I would try another cable if I could but as you know the Caanoo USB charging/data cable is unique. They're not easily available even on the internet. Not through amazon or ebay. Not through any United Kingdom .co.uk shops. So I'm finding it hard to get hold of another cable to try. The USB cable does charge my Caanoo just fine. The LED is red when it is charging and off, changing to purple when it is charging and on. Could it be possible that it works in respect to charging but is faulty with regards to moving data? Please, could any of you help?

Just a try. Is your USB drive switched on in the settings?
You can buy the tv-out cable as a replacement for your charging cable as well. It's available at ED's shop here, or you can buy a new data cable here

Hello Akabei! Thanks too for replying. I'd tried switching the USB drive on and off in the settings to no avail but listen to this, whilst my Caanoo was connected to my PC via the USB charging/data transfer cable and I was in the settings switching the USB drive on and off again I thought I may as well see what would happen if I restored the default settings. Guess what? As soon as I did it was recognised as a Removable Disk (F): and I can now move/copy games and multimedia data as well as check the state of my Caanoo using my PC. If any of you have any thoughts on the what/why/how of this I'd be really interested in hearing what you think. Otherwise thank you erico and Akabei for taking the time to reply and to all of you who took the time to at least read my post. Thanks.

Quite a mistery, powering works, data dosen´t.
Never saw it before, my wild guess was the cable, but restoring to default fixed?
I´m glad to hear it works now.

Also, I´m using latest firmware too.

Back