No Sd License?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why the original thread was locked but checking the SD Association list, I still don't see "OpenPandora Ltd." as a member. I know they update the list fairly quickly, so I don't think it's due too just waiting for the list to be updated.

We know the Pandora doesn't have an FCC due to cost, is the company also skipping the SD licensing cost now too?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was unable to Micro-Star International (MSI) on this list of members, despite them being a huge corporation that sells several products with built in card readers capable of reading SD cards. So if they don't have a license why would OP need one?

spaceballs3000 said:
Not sure why the original thread was locked but checking the SD Association list, I still don't see "OpenPandora Ltd." as a member. I know they update the list fairly quickly, so I don't think it's due too just waiting for the list to be updated.

We know the Pandora doesn't have an FCC due to cost, is the company also skipping the SD licensing cost now too?
What Gruso means is that these threads are bullshit. OpenPandora isn't the party manufacturing the boards and as such doesn't have to pay the fee. Texas Instruments is the party responsible for covering the thread.

hedwards said:
... Texas Instruments is the party responsible ...

If you looked at the thread I linked, it's was proven that the company making the Pandora device, and not Texas Instrument that is responsible.

Also OpenPandora is aware of it, i.e. from MWeston has said this
... Oh, and the SD organization contacted us well before this thread was started and has already demanded their pound of flesh. It's $1000/yr and lube is optional. ...

i don't see the point in your threads like these.

i mean even if there is a problem, what has it got to do with the users?

also, why do you care so much? why are you coming to spam some board with this kinda stuff again and again. what is the benefit to you? do you even have a pre-order?

This is clearly an idiot tax, they want you to pay licence if you sell SD cards or anything that takes an SD card....
So thats pretty much every retail store in the world then.

http://www.sdcard.org/developers/faq/#licenseforlogo
Does my company need to obtain a license to use the SD card logo?
Yes, the SD Association logo is trademarked. The license required to use the logo for SD host and ancillary products is the HALA license. The license required to use the logo for SD cards is the LAMS license.

Return to Questions
Does my company need to obtain a license to sell SD cards?
Yes, the license required is the LAMS license. Your company also must sign a CLA Agreement with the SD-3C, LLC.

Return to Questions
Does my company need to obtain a license to sell a product that hosts the SD card?
Yes, the license required to manufacture and/or sell SD host or ancillary products is the HALA license.

Return to Questions

RenegadeChic said:

also, why do you care so much? why are you coming to spam some board with this kinda stuff again and again. what is the benefit to you? do you even have a pre-order?

+1 I wonder this too.

RenegadeChic said:

Obviously he is a member of the SD association.

You won't see anyone going after 90% of devices which need this. But thanks to all the Pandora loving trolls no doubt we will now be forced on to their radar and perused and threatened etc. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back