Nintendo Patents Handheld Emulation Software

country = man made boundriesa seperating terratories

continent = large landmass

I know their the same continent but isn't canada autonomous from US government?
So American laws don't apply. Canadian ones do.

c0ncept posted on Mar 13 2004 at 04:50 PM said:
uh, yeah...and it's president is George Bush, right? :rolleyes:

its the same CONTINENT not the same COUNTRY
No one mentioned country before you did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Antiriad posted on Mar 13 2004 at 03:23 PM said:
Well, I dont have too much sympathy with Crimson Fire.

You shouldnt emulate commercially viable systems and DEFINITELY should not charge for doing it either. It gives emulation a VERY VERY bad name.

Anything that involves commercial exploitation only justifies the big N's actions. I mean, if you want to play GBA games go to the shops and buy one ffs.

By comparison, that argument doesn't apply to redundant systems that are now no longer commerically viable.

I only hope that people stick to the type of non-commerical GBA emulators that we have right now for the GP32 - that and emulators of redundant non commerically viable systems.

On the other hand if as their patent suggests the big N starts to pursue GB and GBC emulators as well, (such as we have with fGB32) then that will most definitely be a step too far.
Personally I can't play on my GBA and enjoy it anymore-the screens too damn small, and the design criples my hands. Playing it on the bigscreen GamePark would be amazing-and I won't be pirating.

I buy games even when I don't play on them (to collect) and like to own the packaging etc., so I feel I have the right to play the game in any way I wish.

Your mention of Non-Commercial consoles doesn't make sense-Nintendo still make money from NES and SNES games.

If emulation went by what was no longer comercially viable or games whose copyright had lapsed there'd be something like 30 games you could play legally... and pacman wouldn't be one of them.

Just something to think about.

I think people are misjudging my statement, all im saying is that if you can still buy brand new games for a platform easily in shops then its commercially viable and shouldnt be emulated.

Akuma no Houkon posted on Mar 14 2004 at 12:54 AM said:
Nintendo doesnt make money from NES and SNES games, maybe their franchises or rereleases but thats about it. Yet they STILL sell and produce GB and GBC games commercially, so GB and GBC cannot be considered commercially dead yet.
Yes, they quite clearly do. They still sell NEW Nes/Snes games in Japan etc. as they only stopped producing the NES and SNES last year, and they often make alot of money from re-releasing stuff as you said.

And I doubt they make Gameboy games-maybe color, but not GameBoy.

Back