Nintendo 3DS

if I want something that is not available in my region then I will "steal"/"pirate"/obtain a copy anyway.
I used to think that but then I realized that there are so many other games out there. So I don't get to play this one game in particular for whatever reason, gosh darn it all, I'll have to play one of these hundreds of other games I've got sitting around that I've been meaning to play. Such a hard life to live, having to play something else. :p

if I want something that is not available in my region then I will "steal"/"pirate"/obtain a copy anyway.
I used to think that but then I realized that there are so many other games out there. So I don't get to play this one game in particular for whatever reason, gosh darn it all, I'll have to play one of these hundreds of other games I've got sitting around that I've been meaning to play. Such a hard life to live, having to play something else. :p
That's just it.  If I want to play a game I probably don't want to play one of the other games I have.  For many of my most played games now it comes down to trying to beat my previous scores.  Sometimes a game is just boring, too.

If we were talking about a book, television show or movie, sure I could read or watch one I have already read/seen again, or go with one I have that isn't interesting to me, but why should I let someone else dictate what I can read, watch or play?

Iprice

Steam has a pretty good pricing policy. You can get games for pretty cheap several times a year and there are third party keys resellers pushing prices down too.

Console makers will be obliged to follow suit if they want a piece of that growing market.

Whit Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson to be released at 27.08 in European E-Shop, i looked today a bit in the shop

And i found a game called " Cube Creator 3D" which seems for me to be a decend minecraftclone, but i dosnt exacly know if its any good..

There are some days until i get me the E-Shop Card for Senran Kagura 2, so if somewhone know how good this Cube Creator is, please say something..

If I want to play a game I probably don't want to play one of the other games I have
Then why did you buy them? You mean to tell me in all the games steam and GoG and humble bundle are constantly throwing on sale there isn't a single one that you want to play?

If I want to play a game I probably don't want to play one of the other games I have
Then why did you buy them? You mean to tell me in all the games steam and GoG and humble bundle are constantly throwing on sale there isn't a single one that you want to play?
It seems you didn't understand what I meant in what you quoted (which I mistakenly thought would have been clear based on context and what I quoted): If I want to play game X I probably don't want to play game Y.   I am not going to waste my time explaining to you why people might enjoy something sometimes but still want variety.  

I don't keep track of what those companies have on sale, and I rarely buy their stuff at present.  Additionally, most of their games don't work on my preferred consoles and computers.  Why do you care what games I play, where they were released, or how I get them?  If you don't like how I do things, too bad, deal with it.  In case you forgot, this is a 3DS thread.

Iprice

Steam has a pretty good pricing policy. You can get games for pretty cheap several times a year and there are third party keys resellers pushing prices down too.

Console makers will be obliged to follow suit if they want a piece of that growing market.
Actually, that's not quite true is it. Yes STEAM does have lots of cheap games available and has regular sales, but that's due to competition. PC owners have plenty of choice with regards to purchasing, so STEAM has to keep prices low/favourable. Once consoles go digital only there will be NO competition from retailers who can lower the prices of poor selling/old games to reduce stock.

We are already seeing it with the console manufacturers. Old games don't go down in price. Look at XBox Live, SONY PSN, Nintendo eShop. They do occasionally have sales, but the prices are still quite high. Look at Nintendo's Virtual Console game prices - very few games are less than £2.00 and most are in the £6-£10 bracket - these are for 30 year old NES games.

I am not going to waste my time explaining to you why people might enjoy something sometimes but still want variety
Again, Steam, GoG, and Humble Bundle are constantly throwing an extremely large variety of games for very few monies. I still don't understand how or why one game can be so important that you would pirate it before playing literally anything else that you could get for free or cheap.
Why do you care what games I play, where they were released, or how I get them?
Because I think you are wrong, you think you are right, and I want to understand why. This is what I do. When someone has an opinion that is different from mine I try to explain my opinion and get insight into theirs. I like to pretend learning about other people's opinions makes me a better person at the end of the day.On this in particular, though, it is kind of personal because whenever you pirate a game two things happen: a VP adds another mark to an ever growing list titled "why we need DRM" which they use to justify screwing over everyone; and you ignore the indie companies that you would have otherwise given some small amount of money to or at least some exposure.

And what it now whit Cube Creator 3D??

Would you sugest the game, or is it crap and i shall more likely invest the 8€ in DLC for Senran Kagura 2??

Dont forgett mee!!!

And what it now whit Cube Creator 3D??

Would you sugest the game, or is it crap and i shall more likely invest the 8€ in DLC for Senran Kagura 2??

Dont forgett mee!!!
NintendoLife gave it 7/10 - http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds-eshop/cube_creator_3d

MetaCritic - http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/cube-creator-3d

If you enjoyed MineCraft, it seems that you'll get something out of this. It's not as deep by all accounts, but it's also not too expensive to take a punt and see. MineCraft isn't my cup of tea, so I won't be getting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so i think i will me get a 25 and a 15 € E-Shop Card, and get me booth..

The first Senran Kagura 2 DLC is free if you have a Savegame from the Senran Kagura Burst on your 3DS..

Thangs for the answer

I am not going to waste my time explaining to you why people might enjoy something sometimes but still want variety
Again, Steam, GoG, and Humble Bundle are constantly throwing an extremely large variety of games for very few monies. I still don't understand how or why one game can be so important that you would pirate it before playing literally anything else that you could get for free or cheap.
Why do you care what games I play, where they were released, or how I get them?
Because I think you are wrong, you think you are right, and I want to understand why. This is what I do. When someone has an opinion that is different from mine I try to explain my opinion and get insight into theirs. I like to pretend learning about other people's opinions makes me a better person at the end of the day.
On this in particular, though, it is kind of personal because whenever you pirate a game two things happen: a VP adds another mark to an ever growing list titled "why we need DRM" which they use to justify screwing over everyone; and you ignore the indie companies that you would have otherwise given some small amount of money to or at least some exposure.
Good.

I'm completely with WizardStan on this one.

Every minute spent pirating and playing a pirated game could be used to support DRM-free game developing by buying, playing and talking about those games and companies.

There are lots to choose from and somehow I'm thankful for the big companies having driven me away from their stuff by implementing more and more DRM (and day-1-dlc, paid mods , etc...) in addition to their Windows-only agenda over the years, because I might have never gotten to know way more interesting games otherwise.

You decide. No.
No, seriously, I could be wrong but if you're only acting this way to avoid confrontation then it's pretty cowardly. If you don't want to discuss your opinions then just say so, no need to be passive-aggressive about it, but if they can't stand up to a little scrutiny that should tell you something about them.

You decide. No.
No, seriously, I could be wrong but if you're only acting this way to avoid confrontation then it's pretty cowardly. If you don't want to discuss your opinions then just say so, no need to be passive-aggressive about it, but if they can't stand up to a little scrutiny that should tell you something about them.
The issue is we don't agree on something, and I don't feel like wasting our time while you try to convince me that I am wrong.  I have heard your arguments/opinions and others like it countless times.  I feel that "intellectual property" laws in general have been abused and manipulated, and that they do more harm than the good they were originally created to do.  I don't care if others think I am an evil person that is destroying the world because I have had confrontations on issues that I feel are far more significant than petty arguments about illegally downloading games and software that are 20+ years old, or that were not officially released where I live, or were released in limited numbers, and where the original people and companies involved in making the game no longer make money by selling them, however resellers do (this used to be the case with Earthbound, and is still the case, to a lesser extent, with Xenoblade Chronicles, which are both games that were officially released here, but that I could not afford, and that I played after acquiring them through illegal means...I didn't want to play a Final Fantasy game, I wanted to play those games (side note:  I also got the rest of the Mother series, which at the time had not been released here)).

In addition to not wanting to have this argument yet again (and I am very outspoken and vocal, moreso in person than here), I don't feel the direction it is going will add anything to this thread.  We are no longer even discussing the things that I posted in this thread to discuss.  I don't mind off-topic discussions, but if this were in a dedicated thread I would have left the conversation by this point.  I just really don't care.  You think you are right, I think the laws and current practices are wrong.  You tell me my actions are the reason things are as they are.  Good, idgaf.  There are much more important problems in both what I do and the laws where I live that are more deserving of my time and effort to fix, and few of those will be changed during my life, but I would rather work on those.

I told you some of why I feel as I do.  Are you satisfied now?  I am not going in to more detail because I am a "coward" and this whole thing is pointless  to me now.

Every minute spent pirating and playing a pirated game could be used to support DRM-free game developing by buying, playing and talking about those games and companies.

There are lots to choose from and somehow I'm thankful for the big companies having driven me away from their stuff by implementing more and more DRM (and day-1-dlc, paid mods , etc...) in addition to their Windows-only agenda over the years, because I might have never gotten to know way more interesting games otherwise.
Again, we are (or I was) talking about Nintendo and the 3DS line, so why mention this stuff here.  Microsoft and Windows have nothing to do with this discussion.  If you dislike Nintendo, fine, but they and the companies that release games for their consoles and handhelds are what we were discussing.

That reminds me, does anyone else remember Tengen?  I used to play their unlicensed NES releases.  Actually, I still do (especially Tetris), but I no longer have the carts.  If only I had kept the copy I used to rent all the time. 

Again, we are (or I was) talking about Nintendo and the 3DS line, so why mention this stuff here.  Microsoft and Windows have nothing to do with this discussion.  If you dislike Nintendo, fine, but they and the companies that release games for their consoles and handhelds are what we were discussing.
Yeah, sorry for the slight derailment.

Regarding Nintendo, that's one of the main reasons why OpenSource handhelds and this board exist: To have alternatives.

Yeah, sorry for the slight derailment.

Regarding Nintendo, that's one of the main reasons why OpenSource handhelds and this board exist: To have alternatives.
And as much as I love Nintendo they do some really stupid shit.  I do wish they would lighten up a bit.  If they didn't occasionally release things I am really into then I probably would treat them as I do Sony, and just get their hardware when there is a long list of titles I really want to play.  This list for Nintendo games doesn't seem to grow like it used to (but there are a handful right now).

We are trying to decide if we should buy a New 3DS since at present there are only a couple games for it that people in my family want to play, and we already have 2 3DSs and a bunch of games we want to play (like what WizardStan was suggesting before we shifted focus strictly to piracy).  A strong supporting reason for a New 3DS is that a couple of us really want larger screens.  We don't carry them or play outside the house anymore, so pocketability isn't as important to us anymore, and I do have my Pandora if I want games.  Also Android games, but I don't put those on the one I usually carry with me.

while you try to convince me that I am wrong
Whoa, back up. It is never, ever, under any circumstance in an argument to convince the other person they're wrong. Like I said, I just wanted to understand your opinion. Convincing the other party that they're wrong is just a pleasant after-effect in verifying that I was right. That actually rarely happens and is kind of boring when it does.
I feel that "intellectual property" laws in general have been abused and manipulated, and that they do more harm than the good they were originally created to do.
I agree, which is why I don't feed into that and think it is counter productive to give these companies more ammunition. Every time you pirate a game that you disagree with ethically instead of giving money and exposure to one you whose ethics you do agree with you are feeding the very system you are arguing against, you are saying giving major companies further excuses to abuse the system and letting those that are acting responsibly die.
Again, we are (or I was) talking about Nintendo and the 3DS line
You brought up piracy first. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to play ROMs for 3DS, either emulated or on a copy cart. So what point were you trying to make by mentioning it? The only reason I said anything is because you mentioned it first. You confused me, I don't like being confused.
Are you satisfied now?
Yes, actually. You cleared up your opinion on the matter, you admit to the issues, you just don't care, which is fine. I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise. I was hoping you'd try to convince me you were right but if you're not up to it then no problem.

Back