Nintendo 3DS

I'm a fan of both series. But since I was planning to not buy the 3DS, I try to avoid getting any info about this one before I change my mind :p

I'll probably end up buying it at some later point anyway. But I intend to at least await some hardware revisions. Especially the battery life HAS to improve.

If it's of any help, you can already get an extended battery. :p

I have one fitted on my 3DS - it puts it on-par with the Pandora. I get about eight hours with the 3D on (I use the second brightness setting and have power-saving mode on for the displays, as I find the other settings to be eye-searing), or just over a week in standby.

If it's of any help, you can already get an extended battery. :p

I have one fitted on my 3DS - it puts it on-par with the Pandora. I get about eight hours with the 3D on (I use the second brightness setting and have power-saving mode on for the displays, as I find the other settings to be eye-searing), or just over a week in standby.
Where did you get the extended battery?Theres also an official one planned for the Vita.

^ I got it from here - to my knowledge this is currently the only place in the UK where you can get them.

They also carry a version with a dock, if you prefer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't wait for the next 3DS firmware update. It's going to be huge!!! Also...not part of the update, but we'll also receive the ability to message friends later this year in a fun and somewhat innovative way (through manual writing/drawing/sending pic + vids).

I kinda like the kookiness of the extra analogue stick add on.i have not used my 3ds much yet as there are no games that personally interest me. There has yet to be any 3d movies available for download asfaik.I was looking forward to that shaun the sheep 3d short.I dont think its out yet is it. Shaun the sheep is so charming and funny.I started watching this when i was in college last year.i must get the boxset sometime.If there is a boxset.

You know what would be cool? If this thread outlasts the 3DS.
We've got quite a number of years to go, then. It's already the quasi-official 3DS thread, so it's pretty likely it'll run throughout the system's lifetime. :lol:

excuse my french, but Nintendo has this holiday season by the balls. i just about expect for the 3DS to be sold out for first couple months of 2012. Mario Kart 7 is looking extremely good and long lasting with all the online/streetpass/spotpass features. but....ive yet to see any mention of Wario & Waluigi being in mario kart...i dont really care for Waluigi, but if Wario isnt in the game, im raging against nintendo!

i dont know, but ive yet to see either in any of the trailers, pictures, artwork and im starting to worry

Yeah, same here with me - my favourite racer is Diddy Kong, and to date he's been excluded from the handheld installments. :(

That said, I go with Luigi otherwise, and he's definitely there. :p

My understanding is that Nintendo fully owns him, Dixie Kong, and the other Kongs initially created by Rare. That issue came up a lot with fans of them at around the time of Rare's departure, believe me. :lol:

if youre gonna include the whole Kong family, you might as well include the Hedgehog family in there as well, as sonic and mario are rivaling buddies now, same way mario and kong once were. but if you throw all these in, its not even "mario" kart anymore, then you may as well call it Nintendo Kart or the like

Mario and Donkey Kong have "cannon" games together: there's argument to say they exist in somewhat of the same universe. Sonic and Mario have only been in games specifically built around crossover, which I don't think can be considered cannon in the world of Super Mario by any stretch.

Nintendo Kart would be a pretty cool game, though. I endorse this.

if youre gonna include the whole Kong family, you might as well include the Hedgehog family in there as well, as sonic and mario are rivaling buddies now, same way mario and kong once were. but if you throw all these in, its not even "mario" kart anymore, then you may as well call it Nintendo Kart or the like
I wasn't saying that they should. :lol: It's just that Diddy Kong has officially been part of the series since Mario Kart Double Dash!!, and Funky Kong has been since Mario Kart Wii. Regardless of that, Diddy didn't appear in Mario Kart DS, even though he did later appear in Mario Kart Wii. It would be disappointing if he got dropped again. :p

As for "Nintendo Kart", I can't help but feel that that would dilute the series' charm beyond repair. The Smash Bros. games, as of when they became "Fighting Game With A Large Nintendo Cast Plus Some Others For No Reason", has the same problem - adding characters who don't belong is of no interest to me, personally. :p You treat your mythos with respect, that's a really important rule.

Back