NGP Emulator anyone?

Because I can, why the hell should you care who anyone hates? It was more sarcasm on my part intitially. I hate most things that blow, and you know what it doesn't pertain to you, so why bitch at me? Why do Nintendo Fan Boys hate Playstation? Why do Playstation Fan Boys hate nintendo? Let me ask you a better question why not hate nintendo?

I think your all getting angry about nothing. None of these corporations give a shit what any of us think. They are all just there to make profit for themselves and their shareholders. The engineers and games people might care, but it's the suits who run the companies.
And all these companies rip each other off if they find it's legal. In terms of both MacOS and windows they both ripped off xerox's wimp system- neither one is original.

^^^ Exactly
Hating a games company is just pure madness OK so if MS did experiments on children that it held in its underground death camps or Nintento funded chemical weapons production than go ahead and hate them but hating a software company coz you dont like thier console or OS is insane, do you actualy know the difference between dislike and Hate

In a nutshell: Hate is to strong a word for what you guys are expressing.

I'm not sure I'd say I outright hate any big companies. With the possible exception of M$ - and that isn't for being successful.

I normally am completely bland in my like/dislike views towards companies, but the larger the are, the less I trust them. And when it comes down to it, I suspect that's actually the reason many don't like M$ etc.

I distrusted them at first, then then disliked - ne hated - them when my distrust proved warranted. In m$ case it was when they tried to introduce product activation and automatic (without consent) updates to any of their products installed on your system (read the Windows Media Player liscense next time you update it). Or the inability to use any browser other than IE (as originally planned in '98). Those, and their complete lack of any reasonable support for their system - at least, not that you don't pay corporate prices for (£5/minute). And of course, the liscense the X-box is distributed under - its not your hardware, if you read the fine-print. Its Microsoft's. They're lending it to you very long term, but reserve the right to reposess it at any time. And deny you the ability to mod it (not that anyone listens). That sort of thing.

I don't hate M$ for being successful; I dislike them because they don't seem to be - what's that term Redmond likes so much - "trustworthy".

Sony/Nintendo I dislike (but understand) for being so anti-emulation - and more importantly, anti-homebrew - , because both are areas that hugely interest me. But I can understand why they are so much so. At least, in emulation terms. Homebrew, I can understand, but I think its wrong.

That said, nothing any of these companies do really deserve true distilled chainsaw hatred. Just the diluted spray version that means that if they happened to be personified (the company, not any one person in it) and you saw them standing there looking well off, you might cross over the road, or cover your childrens' eyes or something.

And That said, this is absolutely nothing - now - to do with the NGPC emulator.

That's awell put together argument. I will agree that the bigger a company is, the less I like them. They lose their humanity and become just some faceless, merciless corporation, who will either put your company out of business or 'acquire' it if you get in the way. I'd draw the line at hate though.

Back