News About Gbax's 180mhz Gp32s And 32mb Ram Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
bringoutthegimp posted on Jul 14 2004 at 01:28 PM said:
haha no one has any right to be saying anything even remotely negative against gbax. so they gave yoyo a zodiac? WHO CARES just look how many people bought gp32s from there. the gp32 scene would be nowhere near the level it is now without gbax. i for one only found out about the gp32 from gbax (i didnt read the rest of the posts if this has already been said)
Yup,

If it wasnt for GBAX, most people in the UK wouldnt own a GP32

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can chip in with mine:

GBAx were the only UK seller I could find. The customer service was great, the delivery extremely fast and the unit came with a CD-ROM loaded with emulators and other GP32 software. The total cost was far less than purchasing from anywhere else.

M.

GBAx tricked my sister into buying a gp32 faster by saying there would be no more gp32 batches, they were running out. This I dislike them for, but craig seems to be a nice guy when it comes to most other things so I am quite neutral about gbax.

It can be a bit pricey but you get:

1. Great Service
2. Great Support
3. Peace of Mind

...and it's in the UK.

They're my reasons for liking it.

Oh for goodness sake......

A company sells a product. People who work for companies have hobbies. It is very rare that one is able to combine the other. I am no expert on this particular political wrangle but it would seem highly unlikely that if you have been able to run a company that it closely related to your hobby you would risk both by alienating your company and yourself from the hobby community.

Unless Craig & Co. have some illogical wish to stuff up everything they've worked for and contributed to on a wider basis, this whole thing is lunacy.

As for the Zodiac business, come on!!

Would it help if I donated one to whoever thinks this was such a travesty of justice. Heaven forbid that anyone might ever consider giving someone they know a gift!

Live together guys, create and evolve. Between Craig and Drumaster where would GPDoom be? Be thankful to each other guys, don't screw up a damn good thing.

There thats you told. Can you tell I'm a teacher! ;)

Personally I`ve mixed of Gbax - On the one hand I`d have never heard or got a GP32 without em but their less than honest advertisement of the GP at the time was pretty much one big blatent lie - SNES,Megadrive and GBA emulation 12 months ago - needless to say,very misleading and i remember it pissing off a lot of people at the time

timeslip posted on Jul 14 2004 at 02:26 PM said:
Personally I`ve mixed of Gbax - On the one hand I`d have never heard or got a GP32 without em but their less than honest advertisement of the GP at the time was pretty much one big blatent lie - SNES,Megadrive and GBA emulation 12 months ago - needless to say,very misleading and i remember it pissing off a lot of people at the time
i remember the "snes,megadrive and gba" lie...
not that i only bought it for these thing's...i was more intrested in avi's on the go and the mp3 player...so i can understand why people are pissed off.
i also don't think it's a good idea selling super speed gp32's...
unless i get one first...(with 32mb ram upgade)

I like GBAX because in every interaction I have had with them I have been more that satisfied with their response.

Due to no fault of theirs I am now on my 5th GP32 - the first 3 were because I was dithering over FLu or non-FLU, the last 2 were because of problems with the unit.

Every time they have only been without my GP32 for 1 day. I can't ask more than that.

It also seems to me that they have done a very good job of stimulating the community with their competitions - which have led to some very good homebrew games being released...

Ho - hum, unless Drumaster or Aquafish can explain their reasons for NOT liking GBAX, I'm with Craigix...

id rather go down the pub and poke gimp in the eye

GBAX sell gp32's

if anyone is upset at them that much take them to court.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

they could have you up on defamation of character charges

GBAX are a good business and have done a hell of alot for the GP32 scene!

The new mods (which people have been asking for btw) are good imo... I would love a 32mb modded gp32 or one which can go over 156mhz :)

Console - Fixed devices, mem, speed...
Computer - Device change, mem change, speed change...

GP32 = Computer

I like computers, do you ?

Ho - hum, unless Drumaster or Aquafish can explain their reasons for NOT liking GBAX, I'm with Craigix...
have you read the irc log, where atrkid explained some things about guyfawkes&co..? and things written here are just a little example, i can find you thousands of things like that...

I think thats true the fear for non-optimized code, pc platform is a tribute to that.
But there a lot of things you can achieve with the extra power:
- Reverb and dynamics in the sound.
- kai filters for graphics, blur, motion blur
- etc

Look at the wonderful plugins for the PSX emulators in PC, sound effects, OpenGL 2.0 shaders effects, with a good machine you get something much better than the original machine.

Power is always welcome, good coders will always code well, good code is the result of good methods. Dont expect to much from bad coders.

Drumaster posted on Jul 14 2004 at 10:09 AM said:
BUT YES GBAX offered a Zodiac to Yoyo because he won the contest but did you never wonder why it was a Zodiac?! ;)
Because if it was a can of baked beans, no-one would enter.

gbax/craig makes great compos (with expensive prices), without them we would have less gp games, craig gave some good developers a free gp to get them to coding for the gp, craig is a very frendly person, they are getting as much out of the gp as they can with the mods and allow it with them to konurent with the Z.

Deleted User posted on Jul 14 2004 at 03:05 PM said:
Drumaster posted on Jul 14 2004 at 10:09 AM said:
BUT YES GBAX offered a Zodiac to Yoyo because he won the contest but did you never wonder why it was a Zodiac?!  ;)
Because if it was a can of baked beans, no-one would enter.
Best. Answer. Ever.

To wherever the Zodiac quote came from - GBAx sells GameBoy Advances as well, you know.

Perhaps you'd like to write to Craig and tell him to refrain from stocking such kit? You could cc Jeff Bezos at Amazon, you know, a quick word in his shell-like and I'm sure he'll arse up his business because you're a little upset.

aquafish_ posted on Jul 14 2004 at 02:45 PM said:
have you read the irc log, where atrkid explained some things about guyfawkes&co..? and things written here are just a little example, i can find you thousands of things like that...
atrkid already tried to clear that up, theres just you and drumaster hanging onto it (because you like the drama ? i don't know !)

Get a grip

malty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back