News About Gbax's 180mhz Gp32s And 32mb Ram Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
craigix posted on Jul 14 2004 at 03:37 PM said:
I find this whole thing very strange indeed, if people like I can publish the emails from gamepark about the GP32 shortages to prove I didn't make it up.

I'd love to know the real reason behind all this, its certainly odd... I don't know how I could have promoted the GP32 scene any better than I have.

Quite depressing, it would be enough to put me off the GP32 - but I suspect that is exactly what certain other people would like... there's a conspiracy for you.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
So two times, you and your "sources" were wrong. Just to make it clear.

I was very upset when you made these false declaration, and it's still the case.

And I don't think you will put off your GP32 stuff, that means too much money.

Last edited by a moderator:
pip posted on Jul 14 2004 at 03:52 PM said:
There is one more instant of it as well if you do a search. Four times is not a mistake, is it systematically.
I see a few messages - two in particular referring to stock shortages - several months apart.

may mean feel I'm playing devil's advocate, but plenty of sites (expansys springs to mind) warn people of stock shortfalls and that they need to get their order in if they don't want to wait for a restock.

Hell, go to Amazon and dig around. They don't forewarn people of shortfalls, but there have been plenty of times when I've gone to buy a popular product only to see that they're three weeks away from a restock.

exactly Bohica. and now, i would suggest we all keep of this thread, noone posts, and let Drumaster have his right

Tobriand posted on Jul 14 2004 at 04:00 PM said:
Yep... personally, I'm a great fan of GBAx, for their service and competitions, let alone Craigix's publicizing of the GP32 scene as well as possible and the work behind GPdoom.

@Bohica: Agreed.

In addition, I don't see why we as a community feel we've got either a monopoly on coders or on GBAx. I mean. Its not even like the company was set up for GP32 stuff specifically - it used to be GB/GBA stuff only iirc. Think of it like this.

In the beginning, there was the word, and the word was GBAx. And GBAx moved across the waters and said be, and there was a GBA <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=flash&v=56">flash</a> linker and GBA stuff, and they saw that it was good and they sold them. And those who bought were happy, for a community grew of homebrew GBA <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=software&v=56">software</a>. And there was morning, and there was evening. The first day.

Then came the GP32, and once more said "be" and there were GP32s in the UK. And they wrote a review of the GP32. And they had competitions, open to both the old GBA community and the newly born GP32 one. And they offered a GP32 as a prize to whosoever won the competition - and the GP32 community were happy, for they saw the world worked in their favour, and they said to themselves "may it always be thus". And the GBA community said God knows what, because I don't know much about it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't see <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> abandoning them for the new console, and feel left. And the GBA community did not think it was good. But the GP32 community did. And there was morning, and there was evning. The second day.

Then came the Zodiac, and once more again did GBAx say "be", and there were Zodiacs to buy. Then they said to themselves "this is a powerful console - and one to develop on". So they sold the Zodiac, and a community grew. And the Zodiac community were happy, for they had the most powerful console at the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a>. But all was not well in the GP32 community, for they saw the Zodiac being given as a prize for a competition just as the GP32 had been a year before, and some of them said "Why hast thou forsaken us? You must want to destroy us!" Others said "Hypocrites!" and pointed and thought "Why oh why have we come to this - that we should accuse our main benefactor of hating us for they support also something new?" And there was morning. And there was evening. The third day.

And then came the fourth day, and the GP32 was offered with a powerful upgrade, for the Zodiac had proven less an amazing console than had been seen before. Thus, a Super GP32 was to be born, and GBAx again said "be". And there were (or there will be :) ). But the GP32 community was already divided. Some had seen already that GBAx wished not to help them, but to destroy them, and they said "why should we take this gesture of good faith from you? Rather, we shall believe you still hate us, and decide how you are now trying to destroy us!" Others rejoiced that GBAx were to sell the Super GP32s, but those loud haters and hypocrites said all and silenced the others. And the community was divided. And those divided, fall. And there was morning, and there was evening. The fourth day.

Does that about sum the situation up?
Very biblical post..............

SAVE ME JEBUS!!!!

Hang on a minute, you think we went out of stock for the fun of it?

What on earth kind of business sence would that be?

You think we had no GP32's in stock for over a month just because we were lazy?

Gamepark sold out of the original GP32, its as simple as that.

AND guess what? They have sold out AGAIN - don't believe me? Email Virgin, or Newmedia and try to order some - next date you can get any? September. The last people to get a delivery are Liksang, they are getting the last batch from the original BLU run.

Go on, go and ask and get back to this thread with their answer.

Manufactuers sell out all the time, its just a fact of business - I like to tell people in advance so they don't have to wait on pre-orders.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

pip posted on Jul 14 2004 at 03:52 PM said:
Horscht posted on Jul 14 2004 at 04:29 PM said:
pocket posted on Jul 14 2004 at 03:23 PM said:
pip posted on Jul 14 2004 at 02:09 PM said:
GBAx tricked my sister into buying a gp32 faster by saying there would be no more gp32 batches, they were running out. This I dislike them for, but craig seems to be a nice guy when it comes to most other things so I am quite neutral about gbax.
I second that, people seems to forget it VERY fast.

Two times GBAX spread false informations about last GP32 stocks, and it confused many people. Sad.
can you give me these news posts? Perhaps he said that everyone who wants a cheap unit, should buy now, or that GBAX is running out of stock.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=8245&hl= and
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=5294&hl= and
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=8513&hl=

There is one more instant of it as well if you do a search. Four times is not a mistake, is it systematically.
Hey everybody, you wanted a proof, aren't those post some?!

I'd like to hear Mr. Craig the honest man answering that please.

I'd like he tells me why there still were any GP32 in stock after his declaration.

He did! And all that is in the topic just says that GAMEPARK went out of stock!!!1one1!

there is only ONE topic saying that GBAX will run out of stuck in that stated month, and it is normal that shops say that, so they can tell people, who want one SO bad, that they should get it now, before they are out of stock. And if I remember that post was at a time, where the future of GP32 (the BLU future) wasn´t absolutelly clear.

EDIT: I won´t read or rply to this topic any more, so if you want to tell me something: PM me!

I think he answered that already, didn't he?

OK Craigix - please lay this particular argument to rest, and publish the gamepark E-mails.

If Drumaster has any other "evidence" he'd like to point to (IRC logs or whatever) he shoudl post it here.

Argon0

I never said that, you're changing my words. You said several times there would be no more GP32 for sale *wordwide*. And as I said each time, it wasn't true. We can still buy classic GP32s today.

Manufactuers sell out all the time, its just a fact of business - I like to tell people in advance so they don't have to wait on pre-orders.

And these were false informations. Just to make it clear.

(And sorry, but I don't need to ask Virgin or Lik-Sang to know the GP32s stocks - you know it, we've talked about this on IRC months ago)

wow this thread is so much different than last weeks thread about how GBAX's service is superb
i think DaveC made it

i support GBAX

craigix posted on Jul 14 2004 at 04:13 PM said:

Gamepark sold out of the original GP32, its as simple as that.

AND guess what? They have sold out AGAIN - don't believe me? Email Virgin, or Newmedia and try to order some - next date you can get any? September. The last people to get a delivery are Liksang, they are getting the last batch from the original BLU run.

Go on, go and ask and get back to this thread with their answer.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
So ok but did you make a new declaration after that saying that finally you got some GP32 again?!

Or you just let people thinking you had only a few GP32 to create a rush on the last GP32?!

I'm pretty sure Craig did announce he had some more Gp32s - on the GBAX site at least (IIRC)...

I am not a GBAX fan (never bought anything from them) but the last time I have seen these accusations they were aimed at both Guyfawkes and GBAX. Drumaster was absolutely sure he was right, brought his war over from GP32Emu to this place but in the end apologised to Guyfawkes on the GP32Emu message boards:

Quote: Guyfakwes, I didn't know all the facts. i've been talking with atrkid for long, and he explained and detailed all of it. it seems i wasn't fully aware of what you did and did not do, so my bad.

Besides the 180mhz and 32MB GP32's everything in this thread has already been said before, if you admit you were wrong once why bring it up again?

I bought a GBA SP in a 2nd hand shop a few months ago, then I started to search about gba flash cards, and then I discovered about GP32, when I visited gbax, all I want was to buy a GP32 FLU, but wait...
I was tricked to preorder a 166Mhz, backlited GP32 BLU, I am very pissed...

raven posted on Jul 14 2004 at 04:31 PM said:
I am not a GBAX fan (never bought anything from them) but the last time I have seen these accusations they were aimed at both Guyfawkes and GBAX. Drumaster was absolutely sure he was right, brought his war over from GP32Emu to this place but in the end apologised to Guyfawkes on the GP32Emu message boards:

Quote: Guyfakwes, I didn't know all the facts. i've been talking with atrkid for long, and he explained and detailed all of it. it seems i wasn't fully aware of what you did and did not do, so my bad.

Besides the 180mhz and 32MB GP32's everything in this thread has already been said before, if you admit you were wrong once why bring it up again?
Eh oh I NEVER APOLOGIZED!!!
My english is not very good...I just wanted to say that I didn't know all the fact but that there were more bad facts!!!

I should edit my post on EMU boards because I NEVER WANTED TO APOLOGIZE and I don't want people to believe this.

Drumaster posted on Jul 14 2004 at 04:39 PM said:
raven posted on Jul 14 2004 at 04:31 PM said:

Eh oh I NEVER APOLOGIZED!!!
My english is not very good...I just wanted to say that I didn't know all the fact but that there were more bad facts!!!

I should edit my post on EMU boards because I NEVER WANTED TO APOLOGIZE and I don't want people to believe this.
You pompus idiot. You suck.

Dozer posted on Jul 14 2004 at 04:46 PM said:
You pompus idiot. You suck.
OK...As I can see we've reached that level of discussion ;) which let me safely close this thread without being accused of conspiracy pact with GBAX. After 6 pages I am tired and hardly understand what's going on. It is 1:00 in the morning here in HongKong and I am going to sleep. Wake me up when new GBA emu version will be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back