News About Gbax's 180mhz Gp32s And 32mb Ram Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumaster

Certified Guru
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=12359

finty101 posted on Jul 13 2004 at 09:00 PM said:
13th July: As you might have noticed there is an LCD/TV section at the top of the screen, this will go live soon. Also GP32 180MHZ units will soon be available and also possibly 32M upgrades as well as un-clock-tested low priced 133mhz versions.

Cool, Ill be waiting and getting one!
Because of GBAX, GP32 Softwares will probably not be optimized for 133 Mhz any longer...what a pity for 133 Mhz player...
I hope programmer will continue their optimizing work instead of saying "Anyway at 180 Mhz, it should be fast enough"... <_<
I hate GBAX because as everyone knows, all means are good for them to get what they want (ex : giving a Zodiac to Yoyo so that he would code on Z more than on GP32, make people believe there aren't FLUs anymore in order to create a rush on the last one) but now I hope every sensible people understood that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drumaster: You are being unduly harsh on GBax.

They didn't give Yoyo a Zodiac so that he would code for it, they offered it as a prize in a competition which Yoyo happened to win. If I had been a better coder, maybe I would have won the Zodiac. And I'd have been damned grateful for the new toy!

GBax have also contributed a lot of prizes, time, effort, webspace etc to other competitions to encourage the GP32 community, and they are appreciated by many of us for that.

As for 166MHz GP32s, well guess what - GBax is a business, and they are making money the good way: by providing things that people want to buy! If there wasn't demand from GP32 customers for faster GP32s, then GBax wouldn't sell them.

And as for software not running on 133MHz anymore, that's just plain wrong. If you ever tried to produce an emulator, you would know that it's not a case of optimising for 133MHz or 166MHz or whatever... it's all about getting it as fast as is possible. Rlyeh and I have worked for weeks to get fGen32 as fast as it can be. Sure, it doesn't run at fs0 with sound at 133MHz, but that is not because we said "166MHz is good, we don't need to make it any faster"... we have tried everything we know to make it faster, and what you see with fGen32 now is the best that we can possibly do.

All in all, I think your post is wrong-headed and you owe Craig and GBax an apology. Or maybe I'm just not a "sensible person"... :angry:

agreement with robster

lifes to short to be sensible anyway- unless its sensible soccer

Robster posted on Jul 14 2004 at 09:51 AM said:
Drumaster: You are being unduly harsh on GBax.

They didn't give Yoyo a Zodiac so that he would code for it, they offered it as a prize in a competition which Yoyo happened to win. If I had been a better coder, maybe I would have won the Zodiac. And I'd have been damned grateful for the new toy!

GBax have also contributed a lot of prizes, time, effort, webspace etc to other competitions to encourage the GP32 community, and they are appreciated by many of us for that.

As for 166MHz GP32s, well guess what - GBax is a business, and they are making money the good way: by providing things that people want to buy! If there wasn't demand from GP32 customers for faster GP32s, then GBax wouldn't sell them.

And as for software not running on 133MHz anymore, that's just plain wrong. If you ever tried to produce an emulator, you would know that it's not a case of optimising for 133MHz or 166MHz or whatever... it's all about getting it as fast as is possible. Rlyeh and I have worked for weeks to get fGen32 as fast as it can be. Sure, it doesn't run at fs0 with sound at 133MHz, but that is not because we said "166MHz is good, we don't need to make it any faster"... we have tried everything we know to make it faster, and what you see with fGen32 now is the best that we can possibly do.

All in all, I think your post is wrong-headed and you owe Craig and GBax an apology. Or maybe I'm just not a "sensible person"... :angry:
First of all, thank YOU very much for your great sound work on fGen, GP Doom and probably on other one. :)

BUT YES GBAX offered a Zodiac to Yoyo because he won the contest but did you never wonder why it was a Zodiac?! ;)

And YES you probably want to get the best and the fastest you can have with fGen because you are very skilled BUT not every programmer wants to spend a lot of hours to optimize their code, that's why 180 Mhz could and will allow them not to work as hard as they would do without this Mhz MOD, don't you think?

Concerning GBAX, please it's useless to argue about that, I have my source in which I trust, you have no chance to convince me, I just think it's a pity that people doesn't know the truth but it's no use for me to tell that because everybody likes GBAX for their good services, which is surely a good reason but it's not one enough to say they are angels... ;)

Drumaster posted on Jul 14 2004 at 10:09 AM said:
BUT not every programmer wants to spend a lot of hours to optimize their code, that's why 180 Mhz could and will allow them not to work as hard as they would do without this Mhz MOD, don't you think?
those programmers will be looked down upon by people who can't overclock to 180mhz. that's all.

you're talking bullshit about GBAX.

oh my god..
i thought those gbax-tries-to-destroy-the-gp32-scene-theories were over already -_-
maybe you dont get it, drummaster and aquafish, but the whole idea is plain STUPID
where is the point in doing such a thing?
i mean, gbax makes a lot of money with gp32s afaik, so wtf do you say about them destroying the community?
even if they really go destructive now, take the gp32-stuff down, make alot of ads for gbas and zods, try to distract devr, etc. they couldnt make up for what great stuff they contributed to the community, selling gp32s in eu, making compos, etc.
i hope they (uhm, craig ^^) continue to exist and support the gp32-community and dont get distract by such FUCKING STUPID theories
theories because there is no prove, there will never be one since its a damn idiotic idea
i really thought this shit is over already -_-

uhm, now to the topic:
*needs money to get an un-tested blu*
i'd make the 64mb-mod and paint the thing pitch-black and blood-red ^_^

cheers, and think before you write, diab0l o_o

drummaster, you damn ****
how often did you get in contact with craigix?
how often did you speak with him unless of this whole stupid thing?
so wtf about your source, any source that says "ohh, they want to kill a community, because of this and that and BLAH" is a damn twit -_-
you know what?
other devr left this whole shit because of posts like this, because of all those damn idiots that post their damn idiotic posts about fucking damn idiotic theories with damn idiotic reasons, so who is the bad one on there?
and wtf, why was it a zodiac?
because the price was set to be a zodiac, damnit >.<
gbax isnt a gp32-slave, it sells zodiacs, gp32s and gbas
a zodiac is h/w-sided far beyond the gp32, meaning a better price, so WHAT?
oh yes, craig *made* him to make the snes-emu, even if it really is like that, so what?
i mean, dont you think os9xgp just deserves such a price?
no? twit >.<

thats what i have to say about this whole damn thing, its not ment to flame, its ment to make some ppl realise wtf they are writing
this really pisses me off :angry:

Edit: i made the first post where "pfff" was the last thing said, and the second afterwards

drumasreter (tehehe) your a knob

its a basic factor of free market economics, people want a service, and thus someone is providing it.

i think your being a foo
mr.t_auto.jpg
if you think that devs will now abandon all hope of running apps below 180.

Come on, engage that brain of yours, its going to be a very small number of people who have that capability, coupled with worries about battery life there is no way that 133-166 is going to be abandoned.

and for the last time, it was a fucking competition. a zodiac was offered because it is/was the best prize available. you'll notice that yoyo has told hando he will soon be releasing a new version of os9xgp; rlyeh has a number of zods and the forum got him codewarrior, still he is committed to gp32; a number of devs have left, with a large number to return!

your conspiracy theorys are very, very dull and plain ignorant.

I wonder who Drummasters trusted source is. Them being so accurate about my goals to d3str0y the sc33n and all.

Any ideas?

I hate to imagine his views when I stock the DS and PSP...

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on Jul 14 2004 at 12:14 PM said:
OMG FFS etc. You'll destroy the entire handheld commuity as we know it :)

I'd just ignore Dumpster or whatever he's calling himself. He's probably just pissed off because he feels he's missing out somehow.

Just another example of a desperately misinformed GP32 owner crapping in their own nest.

Personally, it the world worked the way Dumpster seems to think it would, we'd all be stuck with 8-bit machines because who in their right mind would sell something better...

Mark.

craigix posted on Jul 14 2004 at 12:14 PM said:
I wonder who Drummasters trusted source is. Them being so accurate about my goals to d3str0y the sc33n and all.

Any ideas?

-Craig

www.gbax.com
lol

Not something I say lightly, but drumaster is an idiot, you'd have thought he would keep quiet after the last time.. how dare you sell and promote things other than gp32's and how dare you lure programmers away from Dru's scene... naughty craig !

Also, I've been considering the idea of getting a zodiac, but after craigs full, accurate and frank description of its features/shortcomings in an irc convo the other night, i'm not now....

Now if he's trying to destroy the GP32 scene to sell more Z's then surely he would have pushed the Z to me hard... wake up Drumaster

malty

haha no one has any right to be saying anything even remotely negative against gbax. so they gave yoyo a zodiac? WHO CARES just look how many people bought gp32s from there. the gp32 scene would be nowhere near the level it is now without gbax. i for one only found out about the gp32 from gbax (i didnt read the rest of the posts if this has already been said)

well, why do you hate it? GBAX offered the Zodiac as a prize, and Yoyo deserved getting it, because he wrote an ass-kicking emulator.

aquafish_ posted on Jul 14 2004 at 01:40 PM said:
i really dont understand why you love gbax a this point...
YOU are stupids...
Now there's an irony.

well, why do you hate it? GBAX offered the Zodiac as a prize, and Yoyo deserved getting it, because he wrote an ass-kicking emulator.

oh... i've never said the contrary, i don't care about yoyoo's zodiac..; i've already explained somewhere else my reasons to hate gbax; i don't understant why you defend craig...

well, could you tell us these reasons? Because I never heard another "bad thing" about craig. personally, i think he is a friendly person, and a buddy of mine ordered his BLU there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back