Newbies wishes....

Kai

Website
cuboard.proboards14.com
Hi! I'm new and have only had my GP32 for a day.

If any of these have already been implemented then please let me know :D

I would like to see a remake of the 2D version of Gauntlet / Gauntlet 2 (various consoles). A port would be great, but an all round remake (with better 2D graphics etc. would be awesome..... Any takers?

I would also like to know that if I install a new OS on my GP32, would I be able to get the old one back!? I'm interested in finding a GUI where I can save my JPG's as my background image, but if it sucks IMO, I would liek the original one back! Also, a File Manager where I can rename, move, delete, copy, paste etc. would be sweet as :)

Maybe theres a GUI that does these things, that I can load up from the normal Games window/Free Launcer menu??

I have the official GPViewer program, but am struggling to use it... I have 5 images on my SMC and it can only view one of them, any ideas why? It also can't locate the text file (in teh same directory as the images...) either....

Could someone write a guide/translation for this application please?

I would recommend flashing your gp32 and then using pacrom to auto boot into gpfm which can view jpegs and is like using windows explorer/file manager and you can copy paste and delete on it very useful! . Also you can set an jpeg file as the background for the file viewer which works very well. Its how my gp32 is currently set up It also replaces free launcher and to me is alot nicer looking

Also, a File Manager where I can rename, move, delete, copy, paste etc. would be sweet as

File manager COMI does this (except copy)
GPFM is a better file manager that also plays MP3, reads text and view JPG and BMP. Let´s you save a BMP or JPG as background as well. GPFM does not support rename.

Well the last game i played that was similar to gauntlet is a game for the Atari ST called Into The Eagles Nest, check out a screenshot here:
http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/st/intothe.html

As for a new OS, you can easily get it back.
If you install Windups (OS similar to windows) you can access it any time you like via the original GP32 graphical menu. Just turn on your GP32, it boots like normal, select GAME, select Freelauncher and then select Windups from the list. It doesn't boot automatically when you turn on your GP32, in order to do that you will have to flash your GP32 firmware with the multi firmware and select windup's as the autoboot program at startup. Not recommended for someone who has only had their GP32 for a day :)

The only filemanager prog i know of is the one built into Pacrom, but again you would have to flash your GP32 with the multi firmware in order to access this.

As for GPViewer, sorry cant help you there as i dont use it but one reason it wont access other jpeg images could be due to the bitdepth of the image (try lowering it in your PC image program then saving it again)

Cheers.

Thanks for all your help - am checking that game out now!

Where can I get GPFM? I think I'll try that first, before using WindUps etc. Muchios Thanks :)

Kai posted on May 31 2003 said:
Thanks for all your help - am checking that game out now!

Where can I get GPFM? I think I'll try that first, before using WindUps etc. Muchios Thanks :)
Hi,

You can get GPFM on this site, Link below

http://www.gp32x.de/gp32download.php?do_w...fileinfo&id=149

There a are loads of other stuff on this site for you to download and try in the download link from the main page of this site.

Hope this helps. :)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, someone on the board who uses the propper spelling of the word "Newbie"!! I'm so happy right now. :D

Back