An Atari Lynx Emulator

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Hi,
I recently bought an Atari Lynx, and I'm already a huge Lynx fan. I think it would be a great idea to have an Atari Lynx emulator for the Caanoo. It can be a bit straining to play the Lynx sometimes, especially with games such as Gauntlet: The Third Encounter where you have to hold the Lynx sideways. I did see a Lynx emulator for the GP2X in the openhandhelds.org file archive. There is also one for the Dingoo and the PSP. It would also be a good way to enjoy Lynx games in stereo (if you have the original Lynx like I do.) and the Lynx is a little hard to carry around.

Thanks for reading.

I just bought a Lynx II. I think there is a Lynx emulator out there for the GP2X. I'll try it out on Ginge, then port it myself if I can find the source code. It would be great if someone could help me find the source code...

Com64 said:
I just bought a Lynx II. I think there is a Lynx emulator out there for the GP2X. I'll try it out on Ginge, then port it myself if I can find the source code. It would be great if someone could help me find the source code...

Yeah, the GP2X one by Tuskenraider was great. I remember looking for the source a while back with no luck. Perhaps someone could continue skeezix's Wiz port of Handy, although it sounds like it might need a bit of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just grabbed a copy of the source code for handy sdl, which I'll look at later, and skeezix said he might post up his source code later...

This will help I think : http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/42644-another-job-for-the-pandora/page__p__619467&#entry619467

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50463-handy-atari-lynx-emualtor-for-wiz-very-alpha/page__pid__955202__st__15&#entry955202

I've just tried to compile handysdl from the PC source code, but I'm having trouble since it uses gl intead of gles in addition to SDL (which I have no problem with) and I need to look for an ARM version of one of the libraries.

fishybawb said:
skeezix's Wiz source might be an easier starting point.

That might have been what BAFelton was trying to link to, unless I missed something :)
yeah, I pmed him about it.

Anyway, I'm going to try to get it working with pickle launcher. :)

Okay, I have compiled Handy for the Caanoo without making any changes to the code.
The sound is fudged up, the game window is in a corner, and the controls are all wrong. I may be able to fix the sound by increasing the clock speed (Though I may need some direction with this; I've never done that before). I can fix the controls easily. I think it may look better with the video filtering off, it looks horrible right now. Exiting currently works; though it's mapped to the HELP I button by default. I'll have to change that to the home button.

Oh, and I can't get it to work with Pickle Launcher. It just exits back to the main menu. I just copied a copy of Pickle Launcher from Snes9x4C and edited the profile.txt file because I couldn't get it to compile from source code. Maybe someone could help me with this, as well as changing the clock speed?

Okay, I have the video and button controls the way I want them (for the most part) and I have set up overclocking. All that's left is joystick controls, getting pickle launcher to work with it (I have no idea how, I'm just starting everything via SSH), and figuring out what is wrong with the sound.

Back