An Atari Lynx Emulator

BAFelton said:
I remember the sound on the wiz was quite bad too with some games.
Yeah, the PSP as well. But none of the games I've tried so far work well with sound... I've only tried half of my games.

One game doesn't work at all iirc (Batman Returns).

Last edited by a moderator:
BAFelton said:
What's up Com64 ? :D
Oh, hi! I've been quite busy lately. Haven't been able to get anything done. :)

Batman Returns does work though... I think I just had a bad rom.

I tested the Lynx emu for the dingoo. I hope ( if this is going to be released ) the one for the caanoo will be better.

spn-x said:
I tested the Lynx emu for the dingoo. I hope ( if this is going to be released ) the one for the caanoo will be better.
I hope it is relased on the caanoo but the version of handy that came out for opendingux the other day is coming along nicely. I look forward to the port on both systems

I have an atary linx and love it...

best games for me are : todds adventures in slime world, xenophobe, roadblasters.

One great frustration of mine, is that xenophobes allows to play with the aliens and I never found another person with that cartridge so to give a try on link mode...to this day, no emulation can scratch that itch!! :(

keep it up!

ps. image has a glbasic composed to it as a 1st april joke, don´t get it wrong, I find glbasic a wonderful tool of development and it can compile to the caanoo too.View attachment 601

I love my Lynx, for a while when I was a kid it was the only games machine I had. It did get some sneers in the playground, but I was more than happy with the likes of Chip's Challenge and Gates of Zendocon, and would love to be able to play those on my Caanoo. I've still got my Lynx and it's in good condition, except the screen looks really washed out: I'm not sure whether it's deteriorated over time, or if it just looks like it has as I've got used to the superior screens of modern handhelds and smartphones. Anyway, if any of you manage to get a Lynx emu working on the Caanoo you'll forever be heroes in my eyes!

Hi, I haven't been working on a Caanoo version for quite some time... though it technically does work. Keep in mind that emulation will most likely be soundless unless you want a headache...

I'll probably find time to finish it late in December. I'll also have to dig through my backups to find my notes, scrollback log, sourcecode, etc.

Just came across this thread and was wondering if you had made any more progress Com64?

BAFelton said:
Why not open a bounty for it ?

I'll give 20€ for a good port.

\o I'd gladly match that! Have an overwhelming urge to play Chip's Challenge and I'm 600 miles away from my Lynx atm. Emulating it on my laptop just isn't the same, it'd be so much better on my Caanoo.

Back