Newbie Saying Hi

Cheers for the nice words.

I paid £75 for the GP32, and was told abount none of the faults bar the loose battery cover.

Oh well.

At the moment porting stuff is a long term wish as I want to ensure that I can move on 8 directsion before I even attempt to do something.

As to timehunter, yes that is one of the DC games I working on. That will stay a commercial game. However I also have a few other shooters (ikari warriors style and a more conventional vert scroller)

I got a card reader but I get a 'Cyclic redundancy check' when i try t0 copy stuff to the cards (I have 3 smart cards and it does it on all) When It doesnt moan about it I copy a file (an MP3 for example) It says its on teh disc and when re-insert the disc its gone.. This is pretty queer as the Card reader works well on the MMC and SD cards I have tried in it..

qatmix posted on May 16 2005 at 07:51 AM said:
Cheers for the nice words.

I paid £75 for the GP32, and was told abount none of the faults bar the loose battery cover.

Oh well.

At the moment porting stuff is a long term wish as I want to ensure that I can move on 8 directsion before I even attempt to do something.

As to timehunter, yes that is one of the DC games I working on. That will stay a commercial game. However I also have a few other shooters (ikari warriors style and a more conventional vert scroller)

I got a card reader but I get a 'Cyclic redundancy check' when i try t0 copy stuff to the cards (I have 3 smart cards and it does it on all) When It doesnt moan about it I copy a file (an MP3 for example) It says its on teh disc and when re-insert the disc its gone.. This is pretty queer as the Card reader works well on the MMC and SD cards I have tried in it..

I had trouble with those multi-readers before too, it told me many times that I neded to format the card even though I knew it was ok. They can be dodgy sometimes. I got a single SMC reader and my computer liked that better.

You can fix the joystick, there is a guide somewhere here. It involved making a spacer for the contacts inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
qatmix posted on May 13 2005 at 07:58 AM said:
He has drilled a larger hole around the port where the Joystick is (making the joystick really loose and seemingly impossible to move on in any of the angles!)

Dino (this asshole) even claimed that to be a "fix" for bad joysticks... I´m very sorry he fooled you.
As for the loose ministick, The best fix is linked in my sig, it´ll help you for sure. A new case won´t help you here, because the actual mechanism of the ministick is weared out, but since you don´t want to have your gp32_console looking like this:
GP322.jpg

you should replace it anyway...

Attachments

• GP322.jpg
    GP322.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
Back