I Love My New Wiz, But I Have A Couple Of Problems

GAMESHARQ

Still Fresh
My first problem is with the ROM WWF WrestleMania Challenge for NES (gpfce-wiz). All of the screens display fine except for one. The opening sequence, match selection, and character selection screens all display fine, but the screen when the match begins is distorted.

wizwwfchallenge.png

As you will see in the above picture, the image breaks up into two parts. You can see the right corner of the ring twice, but you can't see the rest of the ring or the players. Is there any way to fix this, like in settings? Would it help if I redownloaded the ROM and reinstalled it? Or do you think I should try to find the ROM somewhere else?

My second problem is that my MAME4ALL emulator is not recognizing a couple of my MAME ROMs. I have 4 roms, and it only recognizes two of them (The Simpsons and TMNT). The two that it does not recognize are WWF WrestleFest and WWF Superstars. I tried installing the alternate versions of those roms, but they still don't show up on my ROMs list. What should I do? Should I switch to a different MAME version? I am using MAME on a Wiz GP2X, so I'm not sure which MAME versions are compatible other than MAME4ALL.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The romset that works in gp2x wiz for mame is the version 0.37. If you search in the correct place you will find the complete romset. Google knows everything.

Okay, I did a google search for it and I found this:

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/wwfwfesta

But I don't see any way to download it. Am I missing something? If anyone could please help me find a copy of the romset that will work with MAME4ALL, I would appreciate it.

Try downloading that NES game from a different source. Make sure the rom isn't denoted with a [b1] or something weird. You want roms marked with a [!] (along with a (U) or (J) or (E) showing it's region).

The version of MAME that Mame4All is based on doesn't support those games. I think there is an emulator called FBA2x that does support them, though.

Back