New Zx Spectrum Fans...

PiNa1971 posted on Dec 25 2004 at 03:35 PM said:
Whizz - dont wanna start flame war, but C-64 beats ZX in every aspect ... including GFX. BUT ZX was THE 1st :)

Well coming out with a comment that 99% of games were better on the C64 is a good way to start a flamewar.

It's a thread about spectrum emulation, if you haven't got anything postive to write, don't write it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn posted on Dec 26 2004 at 01:16 AM said:
I have the same problem... all I get is a screen that flashes different colours whenever I try to load a game (TZX format).

That sounds quite right, actually... Atleast C64 usually had a lightshow while loading from tapes... Maybe you should wait a bit longer? It's supposed to have accurate tape emulation, even the noises that go with the tape! So it might take a while?

Shadow of Chaos posted on Dec 25 2004 at 05:52 AM said:
i cant believe that even most people know of the atari more than the spectrum... that definatly takes the biscuit.
From what I gather, the Spectrum appears to be a UK thing. Here in the US, it seems to have made its appearance as the USD$99.00 Timex-Sinclair, which was beyond all refutation a complete piece of crap.

Hey, there's a fixed Frodo dowloadable from gp32x.de. Works swell.
Mike is the man. I sent him a patch and the new version was up on his site in just a couple of days -- some of which were major holidays!

Well, it looks as though the Spectrum is taking a bit of kicking in this thread, and it is a bit tricky to understand how to get started if you never had one at the time. There were thousands of games produced for it and a large percentage of them are rubbish, but it did have some great titles.

If I put together a zip file of good games (from WOS) which only use 6 buttons or less and are set up and ready to go on loading, would it be okay to upload it to this board for people to try out?

WhizzBang posted on Dec 26 2004 at 10:48 PM said:
Well, it looks as though the Spectrum is taking a bit of kicking in this thread, and it is a bit tricky to understand how to get started if you never had one at the time. There were thousands of games produced for it and a large percentage of them are rubbish, but it did have some great titles.

If I put together a zip file of good games (from WOS) which only use 6 buttons or less and are set up and ready to go on loading, would it be okay to upload it to this board for people to try out?

Good idea WhizzBang. Introduce the young whippersnappers and foreigners to the mighty Spectrum.

I loved my rubber keyed 48K Spectrum. :wub: :wub:

WhizzBang posted on Dec 26 2004 at 10:48 PM said:
There were thousands of games produced for it and a large percentage of them are rubbish, but it did have some great titles.

I'm reminded of a quote by Theodore Sturgeon:

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

All systems have their share of crap games.

I'm a complete C64 nut, granted, but I've been having a tinker with this emulator for spectrum and am having loads of fun with it, I've got into plenty of arguments about why the C64 is better, but after all is said and done, both machines have worth.

I still stick to my guns in my claim that C64 is superior, but just dig out those speccy games that stand the test of time and enjoy em!! thats what it's all about

Don't suppose anyone knows any good links like this one for Atari ST games or MSX games? Of all the older computer emulators for the GP, these two interest me the most... surely they both have games that could be freely given out on websites and not be considered warez?

Back