Bluetooth Zx Spectrum.

I was tempted to back this a while ago, but thought twice as not sure I'd actually use it much. I prefer to use joypad as I used to use the Sinclair Interface II with my old Speccy. Didn't really play with k/board.

Still, a bit tempted to get one and use it as the main k/board for my desktop computer :)

FunStock will be selling them if the KS is successful, and on the KS it mentioned that likely to retail £35-50. So not sure if I'll just wait till it's available there, I've been debating it in my head the past couple days so I might just back it still.

Bit gimmicky maybe but I do like that old k/board 

Sweet. I want that myself. Is the 9 pin Atari compatible port for a classic Atari joystick?

Looks great

HAHAHA-NO-62731470317.jpeg

The Elite keyboard was first mooted a couple of years ago, pity it's a bluetooth thing - I dabbled with the idea of a replica keyboard with pass-through for emulators at one time. It's been said that copyright has lapsed on the likeness of the (original) Spectrum - anyone know if this is true?

I wonder if making moulds from an original and making bare cases would be difficult...

With this, it does not matter: http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

(my commodore keyboard XT I use on my i7 is yellowish, with white keys. Will make a picture of it and post it in the absurdism corner, once I clean up my desk for a nice pic)

Actually it is just fighting the yellowing of abs plastic by surface treatment, it returns again unfortunately.  I have come to accept yellowing as a character of old abs plastic products. And as such, should a replica be produced white, or yellow. Or maybe with bad quality plastic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read a very interesting article in Retro Gamer magazine about the guy behind this project, it would appear that he has a licence for lots of ZX games he has been selling on ios. Unfortunately he has forgotten to pay the developers with whom he signed a licencing deal in 2010.

He currently owes around 81k according to the article.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Retrobright looks very interesting, must investigate that. However, weirdly, I have a few A500s, and only one has the yellowed look - the others still look very good, one still looks almost new. Likewise a C64 that looks like new, and one not far off. The only thing the clean looking ones shared was lack of significant exposure to UV, either daylight or low levels from artificial light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read a very interesting article in Retro Gamer magazine about the guy behind this project, it would appear that he has a licence for lots of ZX games he has been selling on ios. Unfortunately he has forgotten to pay the developers with whom he signed a licencing deal in 2010.

He currently owes around 81k according to the article.

Sent from my GT-I9300
Yeah, I heard about that a while back.

Retrobright looks very interesting, must investigate that. However, weirdly, I have a few A500s, and only one has the yellowed look - the others still look very good, one still looks almost new. Likewise a C64 that looks like new, and one not far off. The only thing the clean looking ones shared was lack of significant exposure to UV, either daylight or low levels from artificial light.
Yeah it makes cases look as good as new apparently.

The new Sinclair Spectrum Vega on indiegogo reminded me to check up on this KS project.

No actual product available yet.

They showed an actual finished unit on the news this morning, looks like it's on the verge of shipping.

£99 now though, although the spec and capabilities have increased (in a way, it can function as an actual Spectrum). I would much rather one of these than a Vega tbh.

There's a spec/blurb pdf to download on the 'at a glance' page of it's site here:

http://sinclairzxspectrum.elite-systems.co.uk/

Others have already had hands on, such as:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/keyboard-reviews/sinclair-zx-spectrum-recreated-hands-on/

The Recreated Sinclair ZX Spectrum looks the same, feels the same, and even has the same rubber keypad as the original, so the games play exactly how the developers intended all those years ago. There’s feel, feedback, and a tactile pleasure from using it that simply cannot be found elsewhere.

Back