New Vba2a-r Pretty Good

vic20-ian

Website
Visit site
tried Super mario Advance at 266mhz and its ok if a little slow, the sound edit in the cfg file speeds things a bit.

Nice recompile, look forward to seeing it speed up a bit. Good work.

regards,
Vic20-Ian

V-rally running at 6fps (27% fullspeed)... I finished 2 races!
Super mario kart isn't working since the first port of vba.. best game ever...
Can't wait for fullspeed!

its just nice to see how clear the gfx look on the lurvly screen.

problem is i think i've pretty much played to death every must-have game for the GBA. Class machine.

also well imressed here, i havent played my gba in a while, golden sun was a good game, i used to have a flash cart, one of the smaller ones, great little machine. how do you increase the speed of the emu? cause, when i over clock with cpu speed, i then launch the emu and it still says 200 mhz on the menu of vba. i usually clock to about 266

I tried the vba2x-r version of vba. I must say it was very cool to see golden sun on the gp2x. Still not very playable, but I'm glad to see that it is at least being attempted by some. GBA on gp2x would be my ultimate dream and is the main reason why I purchased the gp2x, hoping that I would be able to run the GBA roms on it. SNES and GBA are my two favorite emulated systems. Keep up the good work!

Whoo nearly very nearly fullspeed zeld links awakening dx!! Shame about the screen size though I have to sqint to see the writing. Are GBA games full-scren or the same as GB color?

As far as I'm aware, you can display them either at the same resolution as the GBA screen or scale them up. Don't qutoe me on that though.

If you want to play Zelda, just use GnuBoy, it definitely runs fullspeed and lets you scale it up to fullscreen so you can read as well :p

I might download this, I haven't played Golden Sun for a while. (The reason being I lent it to my friend, then he moved to the lake district)

I'll be in heaven the day I can play Tactics Ogre on my GP2X....hell I can even cry a river!

im waiting for the day i can play sonic advance on a 2x! been hoping for this for a LOOOOONG time now. Sonic Advance 2 is just simply awesome. Also gyakuten saiban is absolutely amazing! try out the translation projects for all you non-learned english speaking people ;)

TWO WORDS - GYAKUTEN SAIBAN!

Why is this taking so long? GBA packs an ARM CPU, and if we already have a PSX emu (5 or 6 fps, ok), why isn't GBA emu a reality already? (fullscreen, full sound)...

sardaukar posted on Mar 5 2006 at 11:46 PM said:
Why is this taking so long? GBA packs an ARM CPU, and if we already have a PSX emu (5 or 6 fps, ok), why isn't GBA emu a reality already? (fullscreen, full sound)...

Well, if it's so easy why don't you do it yourself? <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
sardaukar posted on Mar 5 2006 at 06:46 PM said:
Gee I don't know, maybe you could make it and save us all the trouble...

Last edited by a moderator:
wat type of file do the roms need to be? .bin or something else cause i couldnt get this to work

Back