Oh No Not Another Pocket Snes Thread! [f200]

toady

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Just an update to those of you with the F200 having PocketSNES issues !!

Squidge SNES doesnt work for me - but Pocket SNES is working with sound with the following options:

Sound: ON
Sound Rate: 44100
CPU Speed: 220 (optional but made MarioWorld that little bit smother!)
Transparencies: Off (not tried with them on yet)
Renderer mode: Scaled (works both ways)
RAM Timing: Craig
MMU Hack: ON

Happy SNES Playing.....

Let me know if anyone wants any roms tried out and I'll have a go!

Should have said - playing Super Mario Bros All Stars at the moment - all fine - turned transparencies on too - dont know if there are any in this game tho - but working at the moment ;)

Does the sound rate have to be that high? That will slow down the emulation a lot :-/ I'm trying a lot of games and apps at the moment.

If your going to leave typos everywhere, try and keep them within the post itself so you can edit them afterwards, rather than in the topic title where everything takes the piss :D

Squidge said:
If your going to leave typos everywhere, try and keep them within the post itself so you can edit them afterwards, rather than in the topic title where everything takes the piss :D

I was excited what can I say - Pocket sized SNES with sound - rock on !

cant you tell i'm new to the GP2X !
craigix said:
Does the sound rate have to be that high? That will slow down the emulation a lot :-/ I'm trying a lot of games and apps at the moment.

22050 working too, but only if selected once the game as booted - you must start with 44k it seems..

16500 kills the GP2X as does any lower.
EDIT: 22050 works with the CPU at 220 MHz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back