Alright What The Hell's Going On With My Sd???

Pleng

Right... here's some fun!

So after getting my GP2X I plonk my 512Mb Kingston SD card into the slot and power up... Find my to the apps menu item, 'click' on SD as the location and all is blank. Curious. I eject and reinsert the card, quit the menu, re-enter the menu and everything is there ready to be navigated to and run.

No major issue but the interface is really annoying me (for a start you can barely read the directory names on the application 'explorer') so I have a look at the rather excellent gmenu. Installed it to the SD card but unfortunately it doesn't load up. Bit annoying that, really! I guess it has something to do witth the SD card not mounting itself properly on boot...

Strange thing is, after 'breaking the unti in', I turn it off (after an unsucessfull overclock attempt) and back on and all of a sudden the menu appears as if my magic. And since that point all was running fine... until the batteries ran out. A fresh pair inserted into the unit and all of a sudden the SD card appears to not mount itself until ejected and reinserted :(

Any ideas? I even tried copying the menu to NAND, altering the autorun strip to cd /mnt/nand/ and setting the unit to automount nand at startup but no joy :(

I would reformat the card in Windows (backup data first). You might have a corrupt file system.

imhotep posted on Dec 29 2006 at 08:55 PM said:
I would reformat the card in Windows (backup data first). You might have a corrupt file system.

Did you first format the card as FAT32? If not, try that now.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 30 2006 at 02:43 AM said:
imhotep posted on Dec 29 2006 at 08:55 PM said:

Did you first format the card as FAT32? If not, try that now.

The card was already formatted to FAT32. I tried backing up the files and then reformatting but this does not seem to have helped.

After re-inserting the card and running a game or emu, the system will then boot the gmenu but I suppose this is to be expected.

I have no other card to try right now. My 2GB card when misssing some time ago :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back