New to Retro gaming

Ok, so "I" did some searching and obviously "found" "my" old gameboy, gameboy advance, nintendo, supernintendo and playstation along with my unusually extensive library of games in my basement and conveniently found my jammerboards and stuff to allow for portable emulation of said games along with them.

weird, right? finding that stuff almost immediately after receiving my pandora. small world.

Anyways, I've always loved retrogames but I never had the opportunity to be exposed to most of them. What I do know about I played when I was a kid and have sentimental as well as entertainment value for me. But I want to start exploring the world of retrogaming now that i have the opportunity to do so easily.

So, if all of you would be so kind I was wondering if you could supply the names some of the best games for the best systems out there. I'm talking everything from sega cd to dosbox. it doesn't matter what genre, i love them all. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the boards that would also appreciate knowing what other pandora owners play. lets make this list as comprehensive as possible, keeping only the best of the best and avoiding all those bad ports that were often made for consoles back then. And the second someone mentions E.T. the extraterrestrial I am going to have a violent seizure of disappointment.

I'm not asking for sources. Obviously I will go out and hunt down every single game you list and buy them, transfer them to computer and play them. Obviously. However if you happen to know a more convenient way list all these games for me I am open to private messages.

All help is appreciated. Also, if this is the wrong place for this thread please feel free to beat me to death with a live animal, preferably between the mouse and medium sized dog range.

ehh, just proves youre in the right community, seeing as how often this has come up before

Back