Best Sega Master System games

master system is one of my favourite systems. Unfortunately its emulation isn't that great.

I'd really like to see some accurate YM 2413 FM sound emulation for this system. Since the YM2413 was only an FM expansion board for the Japanese Mark III, not many are aware or care for it. However many games will make use of it.

SMSPOWER has a great Translation of Phantasy Star that features a much more accurate translation, and the FM sound that was axed for the English languages releases. I remember trying to get this to work in the SMS emus for the GP2x but they either wouldn't get the sound right, or had problems accepted a patched rom.

Anyway, one of my favourite FM sound titles is R-Type. It truly is a great port of the game.

Of course, gotta throw in Power Strike II, and Ninja Gaiden SMS, the best Ninja Gaiden evar! These don't have FM sound but somehow pull off the best tunes the system offers IMO.

I know this is an old topic but my brother had one thats the same ages as me.. so I've been playing it since i could hold a controller.

Always loved the Alex Kidd games, specifically The Lost Stars and Hi-tech world. I've always liked the double dragon for this better than any other console(which I know is strange but whatever lol). Choplifter is a fun and simple game. Zaxxon 3d and maze hunter 3d are awesome if you own the console and the 3d glasses... I highly doubt there is a way to get the 3d effect to work on the Pandora, but I guess anything is possible. Miracle warriors is a fun RPG, but can be very difficult. The rest I like use the gun...so again wouldn't be much fun on the pandora but if anyone owns or has played them Safari hunt, shooting gallery and Marksman shooting(Which I am disgusting at)

One of the greatest, if not the absolute greatest game on the SMS is Golden Axe Warrior.

Golden axe warrior is a top-down action adventure game that is EXTREMELY SIMILAR to the legend of zelda. This is because it's one of the most blatant ripoffs of the zelda series ever. That said, it's a really good ripoff, it improves on the style and gameplay, and is VERY FUN.

try this one out if you can.

^^^ This.

Also, Cloud master is heaps boss.
Cloud%20Master%20(2).gif

Side scrolling 2d shooter, kill stuff, shop for upgrades, kill the level bosses and start crying when you dye and loose your upgrades.

Well, Aleste and Fantasy Zone are two pretty awesome ones...

I really liked Shinobi on the SMS, I thought it was by far the most playable version. I actually prefer it to the arcade.

I wholeheartedly recommend R-Type. Sure, it's on other systems, but the Master System version is the only one that had the Super Stage, a secret stage that had some of the best music in the game.

Wonder Boy in Monster Land was quite fun as well. Good for several play-throughs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back