new site preview

Zen, it looks damn cool! Looking forward to it.

In the spirit of that image, I will release a screenshot of my super-secret hidden website (it's BIG!)

gp32files.jpg

Yup, looks really nice :)
Especially FNES Public ;)

But you should really register your domain first ;)

Mine will be up in a couple of weeks time. (not a lot of free time atm)

I wish I knew php etc, but its wayyyyy over my head :D

mac icons.. you can always tell mac icons a mile away....

it looks nice... but why not just tidy up this place.. dont see the need for more file hosting places after gp xtreme, spain, emu, news, world...

and you've got everyone coming here, posting news etc.. why split the vote ?

They're Gnome icons, not Mac (the crossed screwdriver and spanner is the Gnome Control Center) :)

And a dedicated files site is exactly what we need. The other sites do a very good job with news and forums, but files are always out of date (or don't exist at all)

mac icons.. you can always tell mac icons a mile away....

it looks nice... but why not just tidy up this place.. dont see the need for more file hosting places after gp xtreme, spain, emu, news, world...

and you've got everyone coming here, posting news etc.. why split the vote ?
As woogal said, they are GNOME icons and I credit them at the footer of the page.

The site is only a design. Coding would probably be trivial but boring, and although Zider secured some non-restrictive hosting (Thaworx disallows files not by me officially) it's just his 10 MBit cable line :) I have held off from finishing the site because frankly there isn't enough interest in the community at the moment. Perhaps I will expand the design later on to cover handhelds in general or something. Atm it's in the cooker with all the other unfinished projects of mine.

Btw Magic Knight ... this place is good but there are a lot of things missing, like file ratings and comments, version tracking etc. I think a dedicated place to host files can't hurt. Also, once completed, GP32Files would allow automated uploading of custom files. At the moment only Hando and Hando alone can add files to the download list (unless there's something I don't know about).

Okay I'll make a proposal: Anybody know a good file manager script in PHP, preferably using MySQL? The more 'skeleton' the better so I can wrap it around this existing design. User accounts are nice but no required as I already have my own user code. Please PM, e-mail or post here if you know of any. Yes I have searched but I can't possibly install and try them all, so I'm appealing to the larger base of people on this forum for help instead.

Oh and sorry Zen for beginning a thread hi-jack of sorts. It seemed the best place to post it to encourage some discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
No probs Rico :)

actually.. the site research poll has changed my mind. My site is now cancelled - no point doing it if people don't want it. better to know this sooner than later :D

Back