Beta New Qt Apps For Pandora

Blue Protoman said:
EDIT: KoalaWriter's sound doesn't work. The sound files are fine, I tested them in Mplayer.

EDIT II: Niceview doesn't work. "A list of image servers is empty!"

Yeah. KoalaWriter's sound not work. When i compiled it on Haiku OS, sound didnt work as well, so maybe theres a missing lib, or theres error in code somewhere

NiceView works for me like a charm from a start. It should have information about servers by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
And another pack of apps 4 panda:

+28 shiny fresh apps for pandora: -> http://ompldr.org/vOTVncA/03-new.zip -> [file: 6MB]

BTW. This package contains more games than previous packages.

BTW v2. QJoystick seems to work, but it is hidding in the tray [with no icon] -> i'll test the app soon with USB Joypad.

BTW. v3. EggWM is an another XFCE replacement added here for testing purposes.

Enjoy.

Blue Protoman said:
Hm, SMPlayer's been ported? I'll drop that, then, and find something else.
Don't forget to check the software lists on the Pandorawiki (see my signature). ;) Lots of software won't be found on the Repo.

On that note, I'll probably only add in apps that come in PND form to the list. I can add a link to this thread in the "external links" section, though.

Just compiling and throwing the apps around is maybe not the best way to distribute the software.

Might I suggest, that you take one app at a time and test it, change the controls, if needed, and take the time to package?
Not good, if there are so many rushed apps and you will have a ton of complains later, that some things don't work...

i dont really have enough time to test every app + add it to PND format, so i created a topic with test apps. Anyone that have time to test apps, could do it.

I know it's not the ideal thing to throw +100 apps to forum and wait for somebody to make pnd's from executable apps, but my point is: its better to give +100 apps to community [in elf executable form], than save these apps to myself and do not publish 'em.

BTW. Some of these apps are not even ready to publish them as PND [alpha-stages apps]

BeeSoft Commander [PND]

Download:
http://ompldr.org/vOWQ4dg/bscfinal3.pnd

Image:
gnome-commander01.png

Its a quick PND build of BeeSoftCommander done in my PND Builder [For Windows / Linux (Wine)].

Hey, so I finally tried out the BeeSoft Commander PND. It's really nice! Even though it doesn't look much like that screenshot; most of the menu selections up top are missing. But it still has a few options I really like, and I think perhaps it would be a good idea to replace the default one (Thunar).
-Unlike Thunar, doesn't stop working randomly
-Very fast loading times
-Can be navigated almost without the use of the mouse, including viewing & editing text files.
-Has a working SEARCH function, which neither Thunar nor Xfe (which I've been using mostly up to now) have.

There have been a number of other file browsers released (full list is on the Pandorawiki software list) and I haven't tried them all yet, so perhaps this isn't the best one, but it seems pretty good so far.

A few other nice things that I forgot to mention:

-always starts up in the last directory that you were in before you exited it. This is in contrast to Thunar which always starts up in root, and Xfe which always starts up in Xfe's directory
-can also view image files (and maybe some other things that I haven't tried yet). Although PepViewer is the best option for viewing images on the Pandora, really.

Do you know if there's any way to assign certain file extensions to be opened by certain programs? I know that it technically has this feature, but with Pandora's PND system, I'm not sure if it's allowed.

do you have the option to specify the specific command? I'm sure you can launch pnd's from console with parameters for specific files... if nothing else, you should be able to do unique commands w/ global parameters to 'mimic' file association... just a thought...

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
do you have the option to specify the specific command? I'm sure you can launch pnd's from console with parameters for specific files... if nothing else, you should be able to do unique commands w/ global parameters to 'mimic' file association... just a thought...
Um... possibly. If someone could give an example of how such a command would look, I'd be much obliged... let's say, for opening JPGs with PepViewer, or for opening MP4s with GNOME Mplayer (the commands would probably be different, because one of those programs is a PND and one is included with the Pandora's OS).

Esn said:
Do you know if there's any way to assign certain file extensions to be opened by certain programs? I know that it technically has this feature, but with Pandora's PND system, I'm not sure if it's allowed.
Of course there is, it's even defined in the PXML specification :)

http://pandorawiki.org/PXML_specification#The_.3Cassociations.3E_element

Back