New Picture

EvilDragon said:
Sugar_Kane said:
There is a kind of spray paint that actually bonds with plastic, which means it will never chip or wear off. I know that Krylon Fusion is one brand, but I'm having trouble finding it, or an alternative in the UK. Anyway, if you're in the US you should be able to get your hands on some with ease should you want to change the colour of your Pandora.

Well, I used such paint for my white GP32 NLU years ago and was playing daily... didn't wear off yet :)
Good to know that such durable Paint exists. But the question is: what did the Chinese Factory used for painting the Pandora? ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
just stopped by to say those cases look freaking awesome, gotta run, just wanted to say WOW REALLY nice job. I'll take 2 ;)

EvilDragon said:
Sugar_Kane said:
There is a kind of spray paint that actually bonds with plastic, which means it will never chip or wear off. I know that Krylon Fusion is one brand, but I'm having trouble finding it, or an alternative in the UK. Anyway, if you're in the US you should be able to get your hands on some with ease should you want to change the colour of your Pandora.

Well, I used such paint for my white GP32 NLU years ago and was playing daily... didn't wear off yet :)
My dad restores muscle cars and is quite amazing when it comes to body work. He's told me that he can paint plastics with car paint, it just takes a special additive to bond it. He is certified by PPG in applying their paints. I can look into it further, but if you go to a paint shop that mixes car paints, if they don't carry PPG, other companies probably make a similar product, just ask around. This should open up a whole new can of worms for mod folk.

Peace & Vapors,

Link

Edit: Typo, also not sure if this can be as easy as I made it sound after talking with my dad, sorry, but if you want details, PM me.

Even if no more colored cases are made, will the single pink sample case be sold? Maybe you could auction it off. As a male heterosexual, I'm not afraid to say that I would love a pink pandora.

Dunlop ran a special edition pink wah pedal once. I remember because my friend needed to pick up a pedal, and the only ones they had in stock were the pink ones. The factory probably just had an "Oops, all CrunchBerries" day.

Rekcitok said:
Even if no more colored cases are made, will the single pink sample case be sold? Maybe you could auction it off. As a male heterosexual, I'm not afraid to say that I would love a pink pandora.

th_wordsye1.gif

Attachments

• th_wordsye1.gif
    th_wordsye1.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 84
Eh, I like the unpainted look better to be honest.

Someone mentioned in his impression of the Pandora of it "not feeling like a toy", but didn't know what gave it that impression - the reason may have been the lack of paint, unlike the NDS and PSP. Looks more "honest" and "rugged".

But at this point, I don't really care much. Just make the damn things already.

quadomatic said:
had to go back 5 pages to find what people were talking about. The case looks sick, well worth the wait.
I just put the link in the OP in recognition of the newer photos being a hell of a lot more awesome. The cases look brilliant.

The pink one looks better but I don't want to get beaten up in the street. Maybe you could include a courtesy flick knife?

I just want to share this from the German boards. Faebi made some mockup pics with differently coloured cases:
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=119494#p119494

Click on "Inhalt anzeigen" to open the spoiler.

edit:
I'll embed them here too, I hope faebi doesn't mind :)

4130749.jpg
4130750.jpg
4130751.jpg
4130752.jpg
4130753.jpg
4130754.jpg
4130755.jpg

Attachments

• 4130749.jpg
    4130749.jpg
    49 bytes · Views: 101
  • 4130750.jpg