Pandora won't start!

Before doing that, hold down the right shoulder button while booting and leave it at that menu for several hours. It sounds like your battery can't get a charge if the software is preventing a full boot when it detects a low percentage remaining and then you are not able to let it sit and charge because you get frustrated when you see it do this. I'd just like to see what happens if you let the system sit in uboot for a few hours.

I think you are misunderstanding my problem. It's not that I can't boot, my Pandora doesn't start at all. ie, I flip the switch, nothing happens. No LEDs, the screen doesn't turn on, nothing. If I plug the Pandora into the wall with the battery in, nothing happens here either. No LEDs, no screen, etc.

I also used to be able to take the battery out, plug it into the wall and it would start without the battery but it doesn't do this either.

Holding START while switching it on will only work if you have a bootable SD Card with a special MLO bootloader in the left SD slot, as this forces the Pandora to boot from SD.

To me, it sounds like the battery is not properly seated - and I got an easy fix for this:

It won't help to put a piece of paper on top of the battery. You need to make sure it stays in place SIDEWAYS.

There was supposed to be a clip that would keep the battery in place, but for some reason unknown to us, it had been removed by the case company...

Anyways, here's the fix:

Lay your Pandora in front of you with the L/R buttons facing up. Open the battery lid.

If you take a look at your battery, you can see it can wobble up and down.

I use some padded selfadhesive small sticker (about one millimeter thick) and stick that sideways on the top left area of the battery compartment, just a bit below the R button in the compartment to make sure the battery stays in-place.

You can do the same or used some folded paper (should also be 1-2mm thick) for testing.

It's kinda hard to explain, so if you have no idea what I was talking about here, I can make a picture for you.

The trick is to ensure that the battery contacts can't move sideways anymore.

I tried this very thing a couple of days ago. I lined up the contacts on the battery with the contacts on the bottom of the Pandora and put some slips of folded paper in to get it to align just right and it still wouldn't turn on...

After reseating my battery a few times it seemed to turn on but I couldn't see anything on the screen. About 2 minutes later it just turned off... I can't get it to turn back on again.

I think I will email the team now. I think there is something seriously wrong with my Pandora.

Have you tried turning it on with the Pandora connected to mains power but the battery removed? If that does not work then my guess is that there is something wrong with your Pandora.

Not neccessarily. This is an undocumented feature that might work, but doesn't with all Pandoras.

My Pandora used to do this though. When I first received it I played with it without the battery a few times and it worked as expected. Now it longer turns on without the battery. This, along with the other problems I'm having lead me to believe there is something wrong with my Pandora.

I appreciate the reply but unfortunately I've tried what you are suggesting ED... Any other ideas?

My Pandora has been resurrected!!!
blink.gif
laugh.gif

So, I took a trip to Arizona to visit some family last week and I decided to take my Pandora along for the ride. I knew it was busted and wouldn't work but I thought I could fiddle with it some in the car and maybe, just maybe, something will happen. I played around with it for a while but it never turned on so I put in the glove compartment and figured I would play with it later. The next day I tried to turn it on and, for no apparent reason, it started working! A Pandora Miracle!! I've been turning it on and off for about a week now and it has never failed to turn back on.

I'm not sure what's so special about Pheonix other than it was 110 degrees while I was there... Could the heat have somehow affected it? Nevermind, I don't really care, I'm just happy its working again!!

cool.gif

Back