New Pandora smells of stale cigarette smoke?

Snorbert

Still Fresh
I know that some people might find this a trivial thing, but my newly received Pandora smells quite strongly of stale cigarette smoke. Is this a typical thing, or have I got a refurbished unit, or does the paint somehow just smell that way?

My son has Asperger's, and I'm pretty sure that he will find the smell of the Pandora to be unbearable - strong smells are a big problem for kids with sensory processing problems.

apologies if this seems picky,

Jason

Someone a while back mentioned they found bits of tobacco in/on their unit. My guess is someone along the supply chain smokes.

Edit: I was going to mention you could store the Pandora in an enclosed area with some cat litter, baking soda, or activated carbon, but I don't know if it would work at eliminating the smell.

Last edited by a moderator:
The smell comes off of the plastic the Pandora was wrapped in. Its not actually cigarette smoke, although it does kind of smell like that and cheap perfume, but the pink dye the plastic is dyed with. OPT recycles the plastic wraps that the cases or boards arrive in. This has been discussed many times before. Don't worry the smell does go away after a few days of handling it... B)

My last Pandora received smelled like vanilla perfume or something, the one I got yesterday had no smell at all. I know my smells.

Sounds like you got some smoked up bubble wrap... Air it out, the Pandora that is ;)

I just lost a longer reply thanking each poster due to a finger fumble - but the summary is that yes, the smell is going away since the Pandora has been aired in a well-ventilated room. Which is a relief... :)

thanks to Gerix, Anihil8ion2199 and Link for their advice. :D

Back