New Pack For Beat2x: Minimaximum By Kraftwerk

miq01 posted on Mar 14 2006 at 01:03 AM said:
Yep. I wanted to have some Kraftwerk stuff running on Beat2X.

After I heard your tunes in Tile Match I was quite sure that you like Kraftwerk. Very nice, btw. I saw them live in Berne, Switzerland. The show was amazing.

Nice one, thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
chaos engineer posted on Mar 14 2006 at 03:58 PM said:
After I heard your tunes in Tile Match I was quite sure that you like Kraftwerk. Very nice, btw. I saw them live in Berne, Switzerland. The show was amazing.
I've seen them twice here in Barcelona and, wow, both are the best concerts I've ever been to. :)

PSyMastR posted on Mar 14 2006 at 05:05 PM said:
Where are they from. As I heard some german in one of the songs.
They are german. For info about Kraftwerk, check the Wikipedia. If you listen to other songs, you'll hear german, english, italian, french, spanish, russian and japanese among others. :)

Once upon a time there was an ace mule, who tripped over nets laid by a rabbit. torrential rain was on the way so he thought "to escape is where my thoughts I must direct". Connecting the jumbled thoughts in his head he formulated a plan for escape.

He shouted as loud as he could bear. Shares in earplugs were at an all time high when a travelling nuttella salesman heard his cries and came to investigate. "This is no time to nap, 'sterrible storm brewing" said the salesman and freed the mule from the nets.

The mule got to his feet, thanked the man and let out a cry of relief:

KAZAA!

The end.

(you're right, this is kind of fun.)

((All mistakes in the above post were intentional ;)))

Well Miggy! I tried the pack, and while the music is unlike anything I have in my music collection... I really enjoyed it. ^_^

13630 L4 <-- My score.. weeeee. But yeah I was a bit dubious when I heard the first song, but overall I liked it, great work! ^_^

PokeParadox posted on Mar 15 2006 at 12:15 AM said:
Well Miggy! I tried the pack, and while the music is unlike anything I have in my music collection... I really enjoyed it. ^_^
Hehe... Except for the forth song, the other ones are quite conventional for what Kraftwerk usually do... :)

PokeParadox posted on Mar 15 2006 at 12:15 AM said:
13630 L4 <-- My score.. weeeee. But yeah I was a bit dubious when I heard the first song, but overall I liked it, great work! ^_^
Do you think it's easy? Who thinks it's easy? It's very difficult for me to measure how hard a song is after having played it hundreds of times, but I usually have the feeling that they are a bit too hard (specially because I like to avoid continuous 4x4 steps which I think they're easier to follow).

It's hard for me to really judge what is easy/hard without drawing comparisons to DDR/StepMania... The steps for me are really quite trivial to follow, but it is fairly difficult because all the notes are the same colour in Beat2X (Steps are colour coded in SM) And also the penalty for misses is higher than on SM.

I think you have inspired me to to FRAPs a short video to demonstrate what I am used to. ^__^

PokeParadox posted on Mar 15 2006 at 12:49 AM said:
It's hard for me to really judge what is easy/hard without drawing comparisons to DDR/StepMania... The steps for me are really quite trivial to follow, but it is fairly difficult because all the notes are the same colour in Beat2X (Steps are colour coded in SM) And also the penalty for misses is higher than on SM.
Expect some changes about the difficulty and the look of the game. When you say that steps are colour coded in StepMania, do you mean that each arrow has a different colour? If so, next version of Beat2X is going to have much larger and clearer (and with different colours) arrows. I'm waiting for Zenzuke (the man doing the artwork) to finish it.

Well basically SM works by notes/BPM and each note devision 4th, 8th, 16th has a slightly different colour. (The colour actually changes as the arrow scrolls up, but that's not really important.)
So subconsciously, you get to know what the step is with these colours.

But I'm not sure it would work with the Beat2X format of files, since they are purely time based.

PokeParadox posted on Mar 15 2006 at 01:35 AM said:
Well basically SM works by notes/BPM and each note devision 4th, 8th, 16th has a slightly different colour. (The colour actually changes as the arrow scrolls up, but that's not really important.)
So subconsciously, you get to know what the step is with these colours.

But I'm not sure it would work with the Beat2X format of files, since they are purely time based.
Ok. Then, no, it wouldn't work with the current format.

FluffyPanda posted on Mar 14 2006 at 03:05 PM said:
Once upon a time there was an ace mule, who tripped over nets laid by a rabbit. torrential rain was on the way so he thought "to escape is where my thoughts I must direct". Connecting the jumbled thoughts in his head he formulated a plan for escape.

He shouted as loud as he could bear. Shares in earplugs were at an all time high when a travelling nuttella salesman heard his cries and came to investigate. "This is no time to nap, 'sterrible storm brewing" said the salesman and freed the mule from the nets.

The mule got to his feet, thanked the man and let out a cry of relief:

KAZAA!

The end.

(you're right, this is kind of fun.)

((All mistakes in the above post were intentional ;)))

But my post actually listed the server IP, port number and search string. :D

Anyway.

miq01, does every pack of yours have to have the offbeat left button with arrows. Its so friggen hard! :D

PSyMastR posted on Mar 15 2006 at 04:00 AM said:
miq01, does every pack of yours have to have the offbeat left button with arrows. Its so friggen hard! :D
Yes. :) Well, no. In fact, sometimes is offbeat (but follows a melody or voice) and sometimes is not as it's used as a snare drum (in the 4th song of miniMaximum for example).

PokeParadox posted on Mar 15 2006 at 12:39 PM said:
Meh... I couldn't get FRAPs to record videos that weren't out of sync... In anycase... Thse old videos will have to do... They are from the actual arcade in the DDR Vids section:

http://www.projectinfinity.org.uk/video.php
Thats funny, as Im actually making a DDR pack as well as my original pack (had some troubles, 6 songs complete.

Back