New Owner; A Few Concerns

Decho

Still Fresh
First, let me start by saying that I went in to the GP2X Wiz not knowing what to expect. It's my first open source console, so I wasn't sure what to expect, and I apologize if these are common things that are asked.

Now, onto the point of this. My concerns are about the screen, mainly. The tearing I know about, but is the grain normal (to specify, the grain is always in the same space on the screen)? Same with the minor ghosting. I'm not sure if this is just because of the screen type or if I have a faulty Wiz or something (it's a bit late to return, but it would be nice to know). It doesn't bother me that much, but I am new to these types of consoles and I'm just not sure if this is the expected quality of them or if it should be better.

All of them are grainy or so I believe, this is a problem with OLED screens. Though it looks fantastic and crystal clear you'll hardly notice it ingame. As for the ghosting I've never heard it to be a problem and haven't experienced it myself. I hope enjoy your wiz I was new to the whole scene too but I love my wiz.

Ghosting is incredibly minor and I've only noticed it in undetailed, bright games (i.e. Mother). Thanks for the reassurance. I love the system so far, it was just that one thing I wanted to be sure of.

Hi Decho, and welcome to the community!

The grainy screen is indeed normal. I asked EvilDragin about it myself, he runs the german shop ( http://shop.gp2x.de ), and said it is a property of the AMOLED screen. But yeah, it is not noticeable usually.

/Uni

Back