New Movie, Neocd Emul Working

Amazing job! Pulstar, Blazing Star and Metal Slug, here I come! Full SNES emu is quite possible now I think =)

One question; why port NEO GEO CD and not cartridge? Is it harder in some way?

murak posted on Oct 18 2005 at 04:57 PM said:

Because there is a NEO-GEO CD emu that uses SDL libs so a port to the GPX2 is a very simple job (even a 5 years old boy could compile it :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
over on the zodiac boards the guy who is working on the psx emu (which he will convert to gp2x) has added pocket ISO support which can really compress ISO's down to MVS cart sizes (in theory)

Could be a nice idea if this was implemented onto any emu which will support ISO images.

ps. just checked out the latest vid of aerofighters 2 and i would say that it is definitley genuine.

most games are with mp3 music arround 50 MB, some bigger ones go up to 100 and some few (kof98 for example) go up to 150 but thats it. perhaps you can even compress the music more. so if you dont have just a 64Mb or 128Mb card i dont think that space is such a big problem. do you have to carry all games with you arround.

EDIT: PPSX gets ported??? whooo.. this emu runs on the zodiac with 10 - 15 fps i heard, could get really good on the gp2x :)

davey g posted on Oct 18 2005 at 09:54 AM said:
No one else noticed his left thumb movements are completely out of sync with the game? Or the fact that at the very start he is pressing fire but Marco doesn't drop from the parachute and fire like he should do?

Yeah, I noticed that. The button presses aren't in sync with game footage. I think someone just played back a video and pressed some buttons to make it look like he was playing the game. I've seen videos like this for the other handhelds. If it was genuine, we would probably have seen the emulator menu's. Also there is a cut in the middle of the video. I'd say it is a hoax, unfortunetly wishful thinking will get a lot of people salivating over it.

Of course I have to carry all my games at once :D

Hey is anyone else having trouble viewing the areofighter post?

NeoCD is good and all.....

But MVS emulation is the goldmine here, CD's a bit too impractical, But I'd gladly accept it as a temporary thing before MVS.

never mind ... it looks like it just a bad recording... the button pushing doesn't sync that well. It could be a hight bitrate video, if that's the case much work have been put into this.
With thelagg and all in gameplay..

Does anybody know if Soccer brawl got a Neo CD release? If it did then that has sold me the GPX2.

soccerbrawlcdjp7di.jpg
:)

Metal Slug is one of maybe 5 games that I salivate over playing on my GP2X. :p
This is pretty exciting news... Most exciting so far.

murak posted on Oct 18 2005 at 02:57 PM said:
Amazing job! Pulstar, Blazing Star and Metal Slug, here I come! Full SNES emu is quite possible now I think =)

Because you would need over 200 MB of RAM to play the largest ROMs. It is a RAM issue. With Neo CD it loads only a part of the game into memory at one time and uses the CD to spool the music, it uses alot less system RAM.

DaveC posted on Oct 18 2005 at 05:28 PM said:
murak posted on Oct 18 2005 at 02:57 PM said:

Because you would need over 200 MB of RAM to play the largest ROMs. It is a RAM issue. With Neo CD it loads only a part of the game into memory at one time and uses the CD to spool the music, it uses alot less system RAM.

I was just thinking all of the MVS games that, uh, my friend has on his computer are in .zip. Now does the computer have to unzip them each time and load them into the ram or is being played as a .zip, if so we could play a lot more games and save a good chunk of room on are sd cards (Yes I know there is no MVS emulator yet).

Presumably in order to keep something compressed in RAM (and to actually use it at the same time), you'd need to know which bits of the compressed file would give which bits of the rom, and be able to extract them at high speed on the fly.

Seems a little unlikely imo, although I don't know a great deal about it, tbh.

I believe people are mistaking the Neo Geos Mega bits and megabytes.

It's 752 Megabits, but the actual size is 94 megabytes.

Neo Geo Carts are counted in Megabits, but they're not as big as people think.

Back