New Mame Port Project!!

I'd MUCH prefer the arcade version of section Z over the NES version. The NES game was a massive headache to me back in the day I even had to call capcom and then sent me a MAP for it... with close to 100 rooms over 3 stages boy was it necessary.

I just got back from a friend's house over the weekend where I was playing his cocktail table version of Ms. PacMan with the Multi Pc chip in it. Very cool. My favorite is Ms. Pacman with the Speed-up hack. That one only speeds up Ms. Pac, not the ghosts. Very fun game.The Multipac game even had a prototype of a 2 player (At the same time) version of Ms. Pac. Only worked on the cocktail table version. Would not work on a Stand-up or Caberet cabinet.

-Peter

Looking forward to Ms. Pac on GP32

ralp99 posted on Mar 14 2004 at 06:11 AM said:
I mean we've not even got a solid Genesis emu at all, yet.
*cough*
Fgen
*couch*

Anyway, I didn't think all that much of Raiden to be honest, Sinistro on Turbographix is much more fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
ms pacman with the speedup chip is a hollow thrill indeed.
it kicks ass when you first sit down to play it cause "ooooh, look, the ghost mf'ers can't even TOUCH me!" but then after a few minutes of playing you get tired of kicking their little ghosty asses oh-so-easily, and the game becomes fun no longer.

by comparison, sit down and try to play the "normal speed" version (you and the ghosts are the same speed). After playing sped-up it seems like absolutely no fun, but give it a few chances and the addiction that is ms. pacman may well grab hold of you. you could find yourself never going back, and being completely captivated by a game that was written before many members of this board were even born..

How far forward does this project go? I'm just thinking of the days when I were a lad and we played WWF Wrestlemania and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles..... are these too advanced for the GP32??

To be honest, i think that arcade games 1986 and under will be playable, not sure about the others. To be honest, if Bombjack was running, with full speed and sound, i would be very happy!

Back