New Mame Port Project!!

Website
Visit site
Thought this deserved its own thread as its good news.......

Mr Mirko is working on a MAME port as he today reported on these boards.

The website of the project can be found here.

Good News! :)

well emmulating things the GP32 CANT handle would be kinda pointless wouldnt it? :lol:

Awesome news, especially that he kept it secret for three weeks!

yeeesssss!!! i love mame!! it rocks my socks off so much!!

but, people need to understand that this is a HUGE undertaking! not all arcade games use the same cpu, one game that you like may have a z80, while another has an 8080, and yet some have MANY different chips... there are a ton of different cpus used for arcade games... where as with snes emulation it has 1 cpu for every game... take a look at the mame source to see what i mean ;)

Z80 and 8080 seem to be the more common "old chips" seeing as how these'd probably be the most we could play, does anyone know any notable titles that would fall under these two?

YAY!!!!!!!

my main interest in the GP32 is having all these retro games handy!!

now if someone would pickup on the 2600 emulator where it left off and finish it too!

i would be REALLY happy!

:p

I have waited for a almost a year for FMAME32 :(
Any way all the really good games are between the Z80 and the 8080 chips
I'm happy :D :D :D :D
Thanks all of you !

1943 features a pair of Z80 chips, so this must be similar to emuing a pair of Spectrums. Really looking forward to playing Bubble Bobble (3 Z80s and a 68705 excluding sound) on GP (even if it can't be completed solo).

Sidearms next!!! (very similar to 1943).

Guess I'll be dreaming of Radiant Silvergun for some time to come! :D

Yes, but the CPS 1/2 have (somewhat) powerful 68k chips on top of multiple Z80s. Not to say it's impossible, though...

Most CPS-2 games wouldn't fit in RAM (and not too many CPS-1 games, either)

Don't expect to be playing X-Men: Children Of The Atom, Tekken 3, or Time Crisis any time soon!

If you look carefully at the picture that was posted you can see a list of what is supported (or what will be supported first, presumably). Not too sure about playing 1943 with my GP rotated that way, but I'm loving the concept of Sidearms (the greatest shoot 'em up up until Raiden came along). I may be purchasing an SMC specifically for Mame.

you can play sidearms right NOW on GPengine. it is an okay game...Section Z is more betterer (or about as fun, maybe) on NES. Either way, the game hasn't aged terribly well, but you could do worse!

I am looking forward to stuff like Gaplus, Jr Pacman, that kind of thing... I hope we see that kind of stuff, it would rock!! And of course Sega 16-bit would kick ass (Shinobi, ESwat) but that is of course raher further down the road, if ever.. I mean we've not even got a solid Genesis emu at all, yet. Fun to think about though.

(other stuff that would be fun.. Robocop, Ninja Gaiden Arcade, Atari games..)

Back